We had a very nice 6 nights BB in this Hotel in St Ives. Car parking wasnt a problem with there being a car park in the front and a larger one around the back. If you parked at the back it was easy to walk into the hotel from the back. The staff were very friendly and polite. You need to be reasonably fit to walk upwards back from the St Ives Town. Our room was nice but we would of preferred our 16 year old to have been given a real bed (not a put up bed) as when we booked I did say she was 16. The bed she was given was making a few noises from the beginning and then gave way when she sat on it one day! The staff changed it to another put up bed which seemed better straight away. The bathroom was nice but very small. The wardrobe was an open fronted one like at a travelodge. We enjoyed the buscuits left by the maids every day - thank you. Whilst we were there the bar was very quiet at night - we enjoyed the free wi fi and the board games. There was a college visit whilst we were there - tho they were very discreet being there was a crowd of them. One night we heard a 'row' not sure who it was but if it had carried on we would of phoned reception as it was a bit scary. ie someone saying 'if you dont alter your ways you wont stay another night' etc. Breakfast plentiful, tasty - be nice if you were a lucky one to get the sea view. PS In room 31 you can hear the wedding disco kept us awake until it finished - we were told being second floor we wouldnt hear it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall