A few friends and I were invited to a 60th Birthday near St Ives, so one of the group found us this hotel at the last minute. The reviews looked good on the internet and so did the photo's. When we arrived, the reviews were definitely true. We were greeted by very friendly staff who made the check in very smooth and also we were escorted to our bedrooms and given a tour of the rooms and facilities by a very friendly and personable member of staff. Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were spotless, as was the rest of the hotel and the facilities although basic, were good. There is a tv and tea/coffee facilities in each room with a very comfortable bed and compact but modern en-suite.
There was a wedding taking place when we arrived, but this didn't make any difference to our visit. We were out for the evening later, so it didn't matter that the hotel were unable to provide food that evening.
After a few drinks in St Ives, we all headed back to our rooms, showered and headed to our friends party. The following morning we all met for breakfast and found again a very friendly welcome and a great selection of foods on offer. 3 of us chose the Local catch of smoked Haddock and poached egg, along with granola and fresh fruit to start. There was fresh toast, rich fresh coffee and if you wanted, a full Cornish breakfast with my favourite Hogs pudding. The breakfast was the best I had eaten when staying in a hotel in England, so hats off to the chef.
The views from the lounge and bar area over look the coast and despite the forecast rain, made us feel happy we had chosen this hotel. There is some parking at the front of the hotel and the town of St Ives is about a 10 minute walk down the hill.
It was so nice to see a hotel run professionally and with such friendly staff. Well done to the staff and managers, you made our flying visit to St Ives an enjoyable one. We hope to come back I the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall