Having read earlier reviews, I am mystified by certain remarks. We arrived at Chy an Albany on Friday, 23rd May and were given a warm welcome. Our room (double De Luxe Sea View) was absolutely superb - decor, comfort, view over the ocean - all wonderful. The little extras (sparkling and still water etc) were all there. The en-suite was very good and very spacious.
The dining room was first class - very friendly, helpful staff and a fine breakfast and Dinner menu. The food was good - very enjoyable.
We stayed for five nights and nothing was ever too much trouble for manager Paul Rees and his staff.
Yes - it was a little "pricey" but you get what you pay for and my wife and I were delighted with our stay at Chy an Albany. St Ives is a place that we visit each year and, having found the Chy an Albany, we will not even consider staying anywhere else in the town in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall