Stayed at the Chy an Albany during a windy January weekend. We paid extra to get a larger sea view room at the front of the hotel and it was quite expensive but we wanted the upgrade because didn’t fancy a small room. The furnishings and décor aren’t that modern but the room was very clean and comfortable. The view from the room was great and the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Food wise we only ate the breakfasts there and not the evening meals but they were very good.
Overall it’s a lovely hotel and we had a very enjoyable stay. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and St Ives in general which is one of the top locations in Cornwall in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, LateRooms, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall