We stayed here for 1 night in March 2012. The location is very good with parking and fantastic views out to sea. Our room was comfortable and clean. Reception was very friendly and helpful, bar service good, and there were newspapers available in the bar/lounge. The views from Bar and Restaurant were great.
We found the walk into St Ives and back quite easy, and were glad we had chosen this hotel for its location and parking.
We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was OK, reasonably priced at £15 for 2 courses, but we didn't feel it was anything special.
The beds were comfortable. The shower was fairly feeble but the bathroom was clean. We could hear conversation from the next room, so presumably they could hear us too.
All in all a good stay, and worth a return visit for the friendliness of the staff and the location and parking. If we return I think we might try eating dinner in St Ives for a change, rather than at the hotel - depends how energetic we feel.
We visited the Barbara Hepworth museum, lovely garden with sculptures and very helpful guide inside the museum part. Well worth a visit if you like either sculpture or gardens, a haven of peace right in the middle of town. St Ives was a good place to walk round, good beaches and early March was a great time to visit it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall