We recently held our wedding day at the Chy-an-Albany, from the ceremony in the morning to the last dance in the evening. It was an absolute pleasure from start to finish.
The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful; nothing was too much trouble. And because their attention to the smallest detail was nothing short of staggering, their in-house restaurant - The Lighthouse Bistro - underwent such a stunning transformation, it easily exceeded our expectations!
We have visited The Lighthouse Bistro several times previously to gauge the quality of the food and portion sizes. Each time, we have been impressed. The meal sizes are incredibly generous, while the quality of the food is simply phenomenal, and remains so even during busy periods. You really have to try this place for yourselves! Because of its slightly out-of-the-way location, it's a pity the restaurant can't pick up more foot traffic, as the exquisite food, prompt and friendly table-service and the beautiful view of the bay makes this restaurant one of St. Ives' hidden gems.
The rooms are comfortable, well appointed and very clean.
Would we come here again? In a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall