Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden

780kevinf
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,248 results
All reviews barbara hepworth lovely garden amazing sculptures life story small space guided tour hepworth museum worth a visit combined ticket tucked away joint ticket art lovers on display sunny day modern art studio workshop
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We didn’t have long, but I’d bought myself a combined ticket from the Tate and the kids get in free, so I didn’t want to miss out. It’s smaller than I’d realised, so perfect for a short visit. If we’d had more time, we’d have spent more time inside, reading the information, but as it was, we focused on appreciating the sculpture, of which there was plenty. The children enjoyed that more, with the eldest taking myriad photos and the youngest working out which ones didn’t have do not touch signs on, so he could feel them to make it a more interactive experience.

It had a lovely atmosphere, I’d happily visit again, alone or with the family.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The house and garden that formally Belonged to Barbara Hepworth is only a short but very steep walk from the Tate St Ives.

The beautiful space in which to Slade you worked must’ve inspired a lot of her work. The garden is full of llarge and small sculptures and works. Also available to be seen are her workshops in tools.

Beautiful.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having never heard of Barbara Hepworth before we went to St Ives (you won’t be the same when you leave) we spent an enjoyable afternoon in the museum and garden. One of the best smaller museums we have visited.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you love modern art and the work of Barbara Hepworth then you just have to visit the museum, which was actually her studio. I’ve been several times over the years and will visit it again many more times.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Knew little about Ms Hepworth and now I know a bit more. Visited as part of a combined ticket with The Tate. The house, once her home and studio are lovely and there are many of her pieces to be viewed close up. Outside I loved seeing her studio and the garden, would move in if I could, it was absolutely charming

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very small scale museum - the entrance hall has photos and documents about BH, and the garden has a goodly number of her works and is a lovely peaceful spot. I'd be surprised if you spent more than 45 minutes there. Still, they were an enjoyable 45 minutes.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent if you are an art person or just have an interest in Barbara Hepworth. Worth the visit. Loved the house which is now a museum; the garden is lovely. Smaller than I expected, but plenty to see. Take your time and enjoy the beauty.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A delightful museum that entertains for all ages and provides food for the soul. Our third visit and we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I come here every time we visit St Ives. I love Barbara Hepworth’s work anyway but the museum is a real treat charting her life in photos and newspaper articles. You get a real sense of her life working here in St Ives - it’s very apparent that she loved this place. Most of the sculptures are displayed in her garden - a very tranquil place to just be.

I bought combined Tickets including entrance to Tate St Ives, much better value than the individual tickets.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sculptural Tranquility - i visit Barbara Hepworth's House/Museum every time i visit St Ives and each time i am confronted by something new and inspiring. Quite wonderful ... just go!!