“Healthy and hearty food at a good price”
Review of Scarlet Wines

Scarlet Wines
Ranked #51 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant, wine shop and deli. Friendly, helpful staff and a comfortable relaxed atmosphere, plus great food and the best wine selection for miles around. Oh, and great coffee too.
cardiff
“Healthy and hearty food at a good price”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Starter of spicy bean soup was the business...main of fish and chips was hearty and served with a touch of class - batter light and crispy, chips thick and chunky...dessert of chocolate pudding finished off the meal beautifully. Always nice afterwards to take a look around the deli. The service was particularly good, very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The environment is relaxed and cosy, car parking can be tricky at times as there are not lots of spaces, but this place is so good, it's worth parking elsewhere and walking. I think the chef has been there a few years and I have to say I visit each time I'm in Cornwall and I've always had good service, lovely interesting and varied menus, but most importantly brilliant food.

Visited February 2014

“Spot on!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My mud coated family descended on Scarlett's en route to St Ives yesterday. The food was superb and the service was excellent.We are already planning a trip back with the grandparents to sample the Sunday roast and I can't wait.

Hayle, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

It was lunchtime on Valentine's day and the restaurant was busy. After a while we were offered two free starters as an apology for the unusual delay.
My wife had a Welsh Rarebit and I had a Mushroom and Tomato Tartin. Both were excellent, however, in the spirit of giving a little feedback, I mentioned that the Tartin, while delicious, was a small portion size. This was not a complaint as the dessert filled any remaining spaces.
To our surprise, our bill included a 50% reduction on the price of the Tartin.
Super service.

• Visited February 2014
Cornwall, Uk
“A real birthday treat”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband treated me to lunch here for my birthday; had not visited previously so a new experience . . . I remembered The Old Forge as being a bit "twee" in the past! The premises have been totally revamped and is now a wine store/deli/restaurant - and obviously very popular. Although there is parking outside, this was full so we parked in the garden centre next door. The lunch menu on the day we visited had a wide choice of starters, mains and puddings - 2 courses were £17.50 and 3 courses approx £22.00. There was a wide and varied choice of vegetarian dishes . I started with a delicious pumpkin soup followed by a goats cheese tart; my husband had prawn tempura, followed by fish. We were both too full to try a pudding but coffee was ordered and no rush to move us on. I would certainly visit this restaurant again and would like to try to evening tapas menu.

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast in UK”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Start of journey home after fantastic week in Wild West Cornwall, stopped for Breakfast at Scarlets Cafe. Every ingredient soooo tasty - home made baked beans to die for. Huge plate of tasty bacon [thick cut] eggs [local] sausage, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, toast, all brilliantly seasoned. Best ever tasted - 10/10 value for money - equals our previous favourite of The Inn at Shelburne Farms Hotel, Vermont. A must visit in West Cornwall. Plus brilliant Scarlets Deli and Wine Shop, next door. Well done Scarlets!!! We'll be back.

• Visited November 2013