“Wanted to like it more than I did”
Review of Spinacio's - CLOSED

Spinacio's
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited here for dinner on 23rd June - although not a vegetarian I do enjoy trying different cuisines and my wife is a fan, so thought we'd give it a try.
We'd booked and got the left hand window seat (as you look from the inside) The view is great, and fab for people watching, but sitting next to your partner on the bench seating takes a bit of getting used to !
We had chosen a rather quiet night though and the atmosphere was a bit lacking - the only other diners were a Dutch couple sat directly behind us, again on a bench looking towards the window too. It felt to me like we were all sat in a classroom!
I started with beetroot and walnut pate which was ok but seemed to lack flavour and needed something to give it a bit of a kick.
This was followed by chick pea and cashew nut curry which again was ok, but promised a riot on the tastebuds and instead delivered not a great deal other than a reasonable amount of heat.
Almond tart and clotted cream completed proceedings, and whilst I would stop short of using the word bland, it just didn't seem very exciting taste-wise
My wife would disagree - she thoroughly enjoyed her meal which included rice cakes and an enormous cheese board on which was an enormous amount of very good cheese, and an equally generous amount of bread.
Doubtless this was a very worthy meal and was probably better for me than others I had on our week in St Ives, but I felt this was at the expense of a degree of flavour.
We had a good chat with the chef before we left, who told us where he sources his cheeses - I thought some more info on the provenance of the ingredients used by the restaurant would also be useful

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a table looking directly over the busy picturesque harbour which was great. There was a good choice of starters and mains and the food was delicious. Would recommend to anyone, not just for veggies!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Fab little veggie restaurant with a fresh home cooked menu. Cheese toastie was delicious and massive. It was a shame the menu didn't change during the week. Local juices were also lovely.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Arriving at St Ives we were SO happy to find this LOVELy restaurant.
It made our holiday so good !
We had a seat overlooking the sea and the chef talked to us

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Really good healthy food in the middle of a chip and pizza hell. It just happens to have really friendly staff/owners and a great view as well. We had simple salads and soups with divine bread. All very good and well made. Will definitely come again when next in town.