“Really good value for money”

Becks Fish and Chips
Ranked #10 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Becks has expanded into a restaurant with bar and lounge area to complement the still thriving take-away. The restaurant area itself seats over 100 people. Becks does not take reservations, although notification of parties over 9 people is recommended. The main selling point and one of the major credentials is that Becks offer gluten free options. All types of fish (Cod, Haddock, Hake, Plaice), scampi and pizzas are available with this option. For customers choosing to sit in the restaurant there is also a range of desserts on offer that are gluten free. Becks is the only fish and chip shop in a 6 mile radius that offer gluten free products.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Really good value for money”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to Becks for some time and think the refurbishment is great, the menu is varied and offers gluten free batter, a great help for one of us! There is never a chance of feeling hungry when you leave and my husband likes his food. The staff as always have time for a chat even when it is really busy

3 Thank Vanilla H

London, United Kingdom
“Regular customer, always pleased with it”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We regularly eat at Becks, the food is always fresh and tasty. We recommend this fish and chips to everyone we know

1 Thank 789janda
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fish okay, chips soggy and tasteless”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went here after reading all the reviews and had to try it. The fish was nice enough, I had Cod which was quite tasty and my kids had Haddock. They had left the skin on the haddock which put my kids off a bit but they still ate it and said it was okay. The chips however were a big soggy mess. We went in not long after they opened for they day expecting everything to be fresh and just cooked but the chips looked like they had been cooked the day before and reheated. I don't think I would bother going back.

• Visited July 2013
““AVOID AVOID AVOID - Worst food and even more dire service””
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Spend week in st ives and one day we stop for cod and fish at the Becks and it was My worst fish & chips in my life!
Fish no good, too much fat and water same chips fat and wet!
not recommended at all!
Very very poor

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Djzygi
St.Ives
“Fish & Chips.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went here for a meal with friends & family, had a bit of a wait because it was a Saturday & the bar area was packed. The wait was well worth it as this was some of the best fish I have ever had, the cod was hanging over both ends of the plate. I also had gluten free batter just to taste it & it was really nice. My brother in law was also very impressed with his meal & took a photo to send to a friend back home to make him jealous. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes a good value for money meal, bring a big appetite with you, you'll need it.

• Visited June 2013