“Lovely food in a great location”
Review of Caffe Pasta

Caffe Pasta
Ranked #14 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Arriving in St Ives at lunch time we expected to struggle to find somewhere to eat. However, we found this lovely Italian restaurant right on the harbour with a table for 5. There was plenty of choice on the menu (pizzas, pasta, local fish etc and a further choice on the specials board). Service was good even though they were busy. The food was great - I enjoyed a Prawn and crab pasta bake, my other half had pizza with feta, sweet potato and rocket and the kids chose pizzas. Including drinks the bill came to £51 which was excellent given the standard of food and the location.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on the best spot in St Ives. I can't understand how they can close between 4 pm and 5.30 pm and turn away all these customers. They even chased us away from the outside table in order to 'prepare the table', 1.5 hours to put a knife and a fork onto the table.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We look forward to eating here every time we come to St Ives; always pleasant, clean and tasty food.

The food is normally served very quickly and is very tasty and good value.

Our latest visit today (12 Aug), was a little disappointing however. The service was so poor. We walked through the door, all three waitresses looked at us as if we were the biggest inconvenience to them...no greeting and no offer of a table (most were empty). I set the ball rolling and asked if they had a table for 5? The aloof waitress responded with "Yep, you can sit there, if you want". After settling ourselves in, the same waitress all but threw menus on the tables, then walked off again. I had to stop her as she walked back to the bar from another table if we could order some drinks. Again she responded curtly with "let me do this first" (she was walking back with two glasses to the bar).

We got our drinks quickly after that, ordered food and it arrived with its normal speed and excellent quality. We all enjoyed it greatly.

What a shame, as I normally love this place. But it was clear that the owner or a more senior member of staff was not present this lunchtime. I normally can't fault it to be honest.

Yes, I will eat here again in hope of the previous combination of charming service and great quality food - but if the service is a repeat of today then I'd have to call it a day.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The clue's in the title. My sister and I have grown up in Devon and Cornwall all our lives. We eat out nearly every week. Visiting a different town each time.
It is summer season and we thought St.Ives. Silly I know. Traffic horrendous, and the harbour itself, absolutely packed to the brim, still, we thought on the off chance to walk in to Caffe Pasta.
Upon arrival we were promptly served, quickly and efficiently, despite how busy the girls were, and had most likely been all day.
We went for the pizzas. Both amazing. Mine was a mushroom/rocket based one, (I can't remember the name), and my sister, the one containing anchovies. Home made, possibly hand stretched and full of flavour. If I was being picky, maybe put tomato sauce on the base of all the pizzas.
If you grab it, the table for two just in the entrance on the right is a great table. Views of the harbour, with the fresh air wafting in.
Clean restaurant, including the toilets. Will definitely be returning again. All in all a job well done. And worth the prices.
Pasta next time. It looked gorgeous.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended. £8-9 a pizza or pasta dish, great views of the harbour and best coffee in St Ives. Good idea to book in peak season.