“Great food with a great view”

Porthmeor Beach Cafe
Ranked #8 of 151 Restaurants in St Ives
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Porthmeor Beach Café Bar is open daily from Easter to November and serving food from 9:00am to 9:30pm. With Australian chef Cameron Jennings at the helm, breakfasts are renowned and our tapas menu has an acclaimed reputation. Full drinks license so come and sip champagne on our terrace and watch the sun go down.
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Great little cafe with excellent views out to see. Crab sandwich was a tad expensive at £10! ( would expect more crab for that price ). Varied menu with good tapas. Service was efficient but not overly friendly. Would eat there again.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Yup, cant really fault this place. Tapas menu put many 'town' places to shame and there was some good innovation going on with the menu. Squid was excellent and the beetroot Carpaccio fabulous. Great location on the beach, where you can watch the world go by. If you are in St Ives, don't miss this place!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Sitting in the sunshine looking out over Porthmeor Beach is worth paying for. We has a selection of tapas - grilled prawns, scallops etc. All well presented and well cooked. Perhaps £3.30 for an individual scallop is a little steep but it did taste good. The staff were friendly and efficient and looked good too:-)

Reviewed July 12, 2011

It was our first visit to here this year and we were not dissapointed. We went twice, both for breakfast. It was a lovely hot sunny day the first time so we sat on the terrace outside (two either side of the cafe). I had a smoothie (Berry Berry Nice) and my partner had an iced coffee. Whilst waiting fort the food, you can gaze out at the beautiful beach and watch all the surfers, so nice and relaxed,and top up your tan as well!! The food was stunning, I had buttermilk pancakes with syrup and poached fruit, yummy!! My partner had scrambled egg and crab on toast, equally as nice. Second time around we sat indoors and had a fry up, you simply choose which elements on your fry up you want when you order, with 2 eggs any way and toast being the base. They are not shy with the portions either. I miss this place, if I lived there I do think I would be back for breakfast every day. Friendly laid back staff and prices are very reasonable. I think they do a tapas menu for evening which we didnt have chance to sample, or you can go for a evening drink and sit on the terrace and watch the sun go down. Make sure you visit this place, I think it is a little gem :-)

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Just fantastic cooking in an awesome location.
Views to die for, and fare to match,
Great staff, particularly Steve, a local guy still looking for his sea legs.