“Night out in St. Ives - lovely curry!”
Review of Rajpoot

Rajpoot
Ranked #52 of 151 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fine Indian cuisine Established in 1994. Rajpoot is proud of bringing innovative home style cooking with great customer service. We are delighted to be awarded The Best Indian Restaurant In Cornwall by Pat Chapman of The Good Curry Guide.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In St. Ives for a business meeting - went out in the town for a few drinks afterwards. As usual, ended up in a curry house. Menu looked good and we were not disappointed. Poppadoms to start and curry / rice and nan for main. The nan breads were light, crispy underneath and fluffy on top. Delightful. Flavoursome and not too expensive. Would go therre again if in St. Ives.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

A nice cosy feel to this restaurant, varied menu well cooked and presented food. If you fancy a change to fish then this is the place to visit. Speedy service so if you fancy a pre cinema meal this would be the place to go as its just a few steps away.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We decided to try this local Indian restaurant having eaten the local pasties and fish and chips for most of the week.It looked very popular place and we were all treated to some lovely Indian food.I would go so far as to say that having dined in many Indian restaurants over my many years,this one is up there among the very best.Would recommend anyone to give it a try.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

A busy restaurant serving all the favourites. Sublime peshwari naan. Quite reasonable prices and although they are licensed, they allow you to BYO as a nod to the recession.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently went here while on holiday and was looking forward to a nice indian. As it goes it was nice. However during the visit to the place offer "bring your own bottle", which I don't mind but if you don't you have very limited choice of beverage. During the meal they brought out a bottle of wine and put it on the table. I said we were not bother as I was driving and my partner is 7 months pregnant. He however left it on the table "just for show" as the place only had us and another two people in.
Then ofcourse when the bill came they tried to charge me for the unopened bottle of wine.
I wouldn't return as I get the impression they try to push this tactic on to customers who wouldn't complain....

abul c, Manager at Rajpoot, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

We are sorry you feel we have been trying to use sales tactics but I assure you this not the way we operate, we are a business which has been established for nearly 20 years and never force our customers to order anything other than what they wish to have. There must have been a misunderstanding as what you are saying is completely contradictory to the BYO policy we have introduced to alleviate the cost of our diner eating out.