“Brilliant cocktails ”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Had early cocktails at this bar - really good value. Had a garden martini which was about £3.50 which I thought was very reasonable, especially for St Ives!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

It's easy to feel at home here, a nice place to eat. The meals are good and tasty and there's enough choice.
A special kids menu is available.
It was quite busy soon after opening time.
Also being a bar, they serve all kinds of drinks, amongst them the excellent Cornish Pilsner.
The Firehouse has a friendly and laidback service.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I came here to eat on honeymoon. .we had a lovely table by the window, our service was amazing and the food tasted great!!! We werr so pleased that we were going to go back the following night but they were fully booked :-( it has now been a year (in 3 weeks) since visiting and we were planning on going back for our anniversary but due to the recent views im not sure on travelling 340 miles incase it ruins my views on the food and service we received on honeymoon? !

1  Thank JemmaCox
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I would like to say that I have previously enjoyed meals here in recent years, however, the terrible service we received on our most recent visit means I will probably never return, and I will encourage my friends and family who regularly visit st. Ives to go elsewhere.

From our arrival, the attitude of the staff seemed that our presence was an inconvenience. We were enjoying catching up with friends and family we hadn't seen for a year, so were not ready to order immediately - there was eye rolling and huffing and puffing from our waiter, not to mention him later enjoying a joke at our expense with the table next to us.

Our table was booked for 8:30, we had ordered our food before 9, but we left without receiving our mains at 10.20, after been fed, what I can only assume we're lies from the staff, that our food was "just being plated up now". I can only assume there are big problems in the kitchen and they can't cope with a full restaurant. There were no apologies, no effort to keep us happy (they didn't even ever ask if we would like some more drinks - we might have been quite happy to sit there with another bottle of wine, but the chance for us to order more was never given) our queries were met with defensive, rude objections. Their attitude (and ofcourse the lack of food!) ruined what should have been a fun night out. What a shame... We gave them every chance to rectify the situation, but they just couldn't be bothered. Worst service I have ever experienced.

3  Thank EJoyceG
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant friendly service, our third visit in a year!! Good food great prices and very clean. So much better than the other places nearby.