“"Peppers - an essential ingredient for a trip to St Ives"”

Peppers Pasta & Pizzeria
Ranked #33 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Calstock, null, United Kingdom
“"Peppers - an essential ingredient for a trip to St Ives"”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A trip to Peppers is always a little bit of a nostalgic occasion for us having been there many times over the years. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and they always seem to have very beautiful and handsome waiters and waitresses, good house wine and nice simple food. There is always a good fish option and well cooked fresh veg.
It's relaxed enough to be able to take children and babies and is popular enough to create a good buzzy ambiance, the service has been good and is an ideal pre-theatre restaurant. It,s reasonably priced and unpretensious. I hope to go many more times.

• Hungarian first
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have eaten at Peppers for a number of years and never had any problems with the food. Tonight was different! I ordered the pan fried garlic prawns to start which arrived before our drinks. The prawns were tiny and tough. They had been completely over cooked. I ordered chicken pasta for main, which had a terrible stale flavour. It did not taste freshly cooked and left me feeling quite sick. The garlic dough balls we're a winner. The service was not the best either. Won't be going back.

• Visited October 2013
Oldbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have eaten at Peppers several time over the last few years so booked again for this year to celebrate my birthday. We always look at Trip advisor and were shocked to see some poor reports. We almost cancelled thinking that maybe the chef had changed but in the end decided to go. How glad am I that we did.
We were greeted as soon as we arrived and shown to our table. We ordered drinks which were delivered immediately and the we orderd Aranci and Garlic Chilli King Prawns for our starters. I ordered Seafood Fettucine and as my partner was not as hungry, ordered 2 starters( Mackerel Pate and Crab & Prawn Cocktail).
The food was piping hot and very tasty and the portions were huge. The service was exceptional and all our worries were gone. This is still one of the best eating experiences in St Ives.
Dont leave St Ives without trying this superb restaurant

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Greta food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal. Shared a starter (2 of us) the waitress brought us extra cutlery automatically anticipating this. I had tagliatelle - my favourite and it was gorgeous, hubby had chilli prawn linguine which he loved. Service was very good. Did not order a sweet but I ordered a coffee which took an age to arrive but the staff where very apologetic when they brought it. Have eaten here a few times now and would highly recommend it.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked early this year as we could not get a table on holiday last year. Loved it great atmosphere our food was lovely we picked from the specials board beautiful chicken in a creamy sauce which was to die for. Will be booking again for next year.

Visited September 2013