“Lovely find...”
Review of Hub

Hub
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Hub St Ives is situated in the heart of the town, we are a well established feature on the harbour front and an essential stop off for great coffee, fabulous cakes and amazing food. In the evening we are the ideal place for fantastic burgers or just to sip cocktails or sample one of our local and international craft beers and watch the world go by. We have a modern menu of really delicious burgers made in house from aged Cornish rare breed beef supplied by the fabulous Phillip Warrens of Launceston. Lobster Rolls when in season and daily seasonal specials. Our hot dogs are New York style but produced in the UK using 100% free range pork, oak smoked and seasoned with paprika, nutmeg & black pepper. Our burger and hot dog buns are produced by artisan 'Baker Tom' and delivered fresh everyday. As you can see our food is something we are fiercely proud of. Breakfast served between 9am and 11am Main menu served from 12noon Kitchen closes 9pm Bar open until late
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went into the Hub initially to avoid the rain and because they let dogs in (downstairs only). But what a fabulous little find- nice set up, good atmosphere and friendly staff. Good choice on the menu, I had fish po'boy burger, my husband had the big kahuna- both were delicious, generous sizes and great chips and onion rings. Good selection of ales etc, especially micro brewery/local beers. Over all, a really well put together place-looks and tastes great, will definitely go again and recommend whole heatedly- if you're in st Ives- GO THERE!

1  Thank baboo149
Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I can't enough of The Hub. A family friendly establishment, I have never had any problems eating here.

Original modern decor, you really get a sense that a lot of effort went into designing the restaurant.

The menu is fantastic with a wide range of options to choose from at very reasonable prices. The food is well presented and the staff are extremely helpful.

For those wishing to partake in a alcoholic beverage The Hub has a wide range of craft beers to choose from.

My personal favourite is the Big Kahuna burger which comes with home made fries and onion rings at no extra cost. My wife recommends the Chilli Cheese burger.

Seating is available both down stairs and up stairs and if you get there early on a warm day a balcony has fantastic view across the bay.

Seriously check this place out, you won't be disappointed. Highly recommended.

Expect to pay around £15 each for starters, main meal and drink.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location, nice selection of beers and cocktails and a great looking place decor wise. Had a big kahuna burger and was the second best burger I've ever had, well cooked with excellent flavours, so can't really fault the food! The only reason this place doesn't get the full 100% is the too cool for school staff! you can be hipster and aloof in your own time! Being friendly, considerate and attentive to all types of customers surely needs to be a priority. That said the food and location made up for this, so I still highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular customer at the hub, having visited the restaurant and also been to the hub box in Truro many times. However, after going today I would not return for a long time. Firstly the staff were more interested in talking to each other than actually greeting their customers. They seemed to be more involved in their own lives to remember that they're at work and we are paying customers. We ordered food which cost around £20 for 2 sides, 2 drinks and some nachos. The food was average, big portions so we asked for our left overs to be boxed up. When we got home we opened the boxes and saw half our food that we left was missing and what was there had been chucked into the box. Which looked so unappetising so we just chucked it away.
Wouldn't be returning for awhile and would no longer say the hub is one of my favourite restaurants (which it used to be).

1  Thank Foodjournal7764
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband has now found his favourite cocktail, the one eyed scooby! great staff and the food was lovely! Really recommend the Boston roll with pulled pork so yummy!