“Surprise”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were looking for a snack to have in St Ives,and expected to pay through the nose because we were on the front.We went in here because they did sandwiches.What a surprise not only was the service good but so was the food very tasty and when I could not eat all of mine they kindly wrapped it for me to Take Away.Will go there again.

1  Thank Wendy C

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Me and my wife have just had our lunch here and it's fantastic. We always visit when we are in St Ives.
The seafood chowder was excellent and my wife tucked into her tuna baguette.
Value for money is bang on and so is the food and the service.

1  Thank LDJUK
Reviewed May 11, 2014

In St Ives for a morning , wanting a coffee and a sit down, we came across this little gem looking out over the bay. we sat inside in the window and the view was lovely.

The place is furnished beautifully , it is just delightful.

We only had time for a toasted teacake and coffee, both of which were excellent. (Oh yes I had a delicious icecream too!!!)

I wish we had been able to stay longer so we could have tried the chowder, or the rather amazing looking lemon meringue pie.

1  Thank PJBAberdeen
Reviewed May 11, 2014

right on the harbour so great views. Only popped in for a pot of tea and a bottle of water and weren't made to feel as if they' rather we were buying a cream tea. Lovely big mug, jug of hot water brought along with the tea as standard. Tables cleared very quickly, particularly the outside ones but only after patrons had left. Cream teas looked excellent and well presented and there was a whole cabinet of very tempting cakes to choose from. Shame we'd had such a big lunch...

1  Thank Awayday9
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Amidst a very touristy selection of cornish pasty shops etc, sits this little cafe. I was after a good cup of coffee, and found excellent coffee made with care. Service was very friendly, the location was nice, and there was a really ace seafood chowder. Bacon sarnies were also excellent. Much better than I was expecting and hoping for. A nice little cafe, a great location, friendly…

1  Thank IanSheffield