“Amazing****”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We found this little cafe a number of years ago on a visit to St Ives, we stopped each day for a traditional cream tea, the staff are so friendly, they let us share the cream tea which saved money and waste. On our recent visit we tried more of their menu and as previous reviews I have to agree the panini's are amazing. The prices are reasonable but the staff are so friendly. Well worth a visit when you are in St Ives, you have to walk further down the wharf to find it!!!!

3  Thank ayoungone

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We nipped into the Beachcomber for a light lunch & a drink and we got what my sister described as the BEST panini ever! Chicken, Brie & cranberry was to die for - cheese oozing everywhere!! I had the vegetable soup which was beautiful & we shared a clotted cream scone which was utterly delicious! The service was fantastic and even though we were full, couldn't resist taking a chunk of the home made flapjack home with us - we were all drooling just looking at it! Excellent little place would definitely return if I am lucky enough to come back here - I wish it was in Chesterfield!!

3  Thank Chocafrolick
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This has to be one of the best cream teas I have experienced!!

I only had one scone and coffee but it arrived beautifully presented.
I only had one scone but there was a big pot of clotted cream with a fresh strawberry and an ample amount of jam. The fruit scone was warm and fluffy and tasted superb. The coffee was piping hot - unusual these days!

The view is straight out onto the Wharf and is just delightful. The small, outside seating area just adds to the overall ambience.

A must if you are in St Ives!!

3  Thank TeeBee606
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Popped in with the grandchildren (2 and 4 years) and their parents for lunch. Children wanted boiled eggs! Although not on the menu they were served with 2 eggs each with buttered toast - it was no problem. The staff were really friendly, efficient and helpful - nothing was too much trouble
We had jacket potatoes and salad - really lovely and fresh and loads of filling. Delicious
Would highly recommend a visit,

3  Thank lewispavey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Lovely little cafe on the harbour front. Best Americano coffee I had in a very long time. Really strong without being bitter - just like you find in the continent. Would happily return just for the coffee but next time would like to try the food. The menu looked interesting

3  Thank pimbury