“fantastic view of the bay, excellent location”

Golden Hind Guest House
Ranked #52 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights. The view was absolutely fantastic of all of St Ives Bay and harbour (see their website). Bed extremely comfy. Room cleaned every day. Very generous 'full English' breakfast with nothing lacking. Run very efficiently by Alex, who was very helpful. The location is really ideal - right near the small bus station and train station with good services. If you have a car there is a parking space available at the guest house. Re one of the reviews and the comment regarding the dog - in all the four days I was there I didn't actually know there was a dog, only when I knocked on Alex's door for something, and then it only barked twice, that was it!.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 7, 2010

A warm welcome from the owners upon arrival. A great room with an outstanding view over St Ives harbour.

Fantastic location in the town centre with the benefit of free car parking on site. All rooms were ensuite - this isn't always the case in guest houses.

Will certainly return for another stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2009

another great stay, rooms are spotless and extremly comfortable, breakfast is lovely, a friendly welcome from alex (as usual) how many places can you get free on site parking in such a beautiful location? cant wait to return.
bill & sue pontypridd

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Thank you to the Golden Hind for a fantastic stay earlier this year.
Having stayed at several guest houses in the Cornwall area, this was
by far the best.
Clean rooms, a lovely breakfast and welcoming owners with fantastic views and fabulous location.
We can't wait to come back next May (wish it was sooner).
I will be recommending to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HueyLewis
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Recommended by friends here in Brittany where we live...and we're so glad they did because we had a such a brilliant time that we are planning a return trip !! Our hosts were warm, friendly and great fun, our "sea view" room was clean ,spacious and comfortable. Roll on October !

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2009

when I walked in the room I wanted to ask for a vaccum cleaner so i could clean. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the room. Also the customer service was not what I would call making the guest welcome and adding to the enjoyment of the trip. I think one night would have been fine but not anymore. Was disappointed that whilst I was there I was unable to use the shower or toilet facilities for 24hours. First night dog was barking third night drilling - did they care that I was trying to get some sleep???Would not recommend to my friends!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AussieCareBear
goldenhindguesthouse, Owner at Golden Hind Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2009

I was very dissapointed,to read the negative report, we are here, to help make visitors stay as pleaseant and as comfortable as possible,' Rooms are cleaned and serviced every day any problems should have been brought to my attention first second or even the third night of her visit, to late to make amends after departure. Bathrooms facilites and drilling, beyond my control, the whole area was without water due to water board maintance on water mains, visitors would have been made aware of the disruption of water supply and the times each day,.... it was not for 24 consecutive hour's.... We can't please all of the people all of the time,....but we try very hard to achieve this goal .