“simply the most perfect i have ever spent”
Review of Cornerways B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Cornerways B&B
Ranked #24 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I am a college student from the United States studying abroad for a year in Exeter and decided to take a weekend to St. Ives as I have always wanted to see the Tate. I found Conerways online and it wounded fabulous, so I booked it. I have nev er hd a more enjoyable stay. Tim is an absolute darling. He made me feel so incredibly welcomed an swas so helpful. When I arrived, Jo immediatly offered me a cup of tea and we chatted for a bit. That kind of welcoming touch is what makes Cornerwasy so special...you immediatly feel a part of the family. And where to begin on breakfast?! I had the most wonderful English breakfast, and Tim's tomatos and especailly his mushrooms (always a personal favorite) were matched by none. After that wonderful breakfast, i felt ready to conquer St. Ives and had energy to go for hours of coastal walking!The breakfast room was lovely..lit by many tiny tea lights and warm and cozy. I adored every minute of my stay and wish I didn't have to leave to come back for Monday classes. Really, it was a most fantastic and wonderful weekend, like none I have ever had! I can't wait to go back and want to thank Tim and everyone for an INCREDIBLE WONDERFUL FANTASTIC LOVELY weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank traveladdict050

Reviewed January 30, 2010

We came for a wedding anniversary and loved climbing up through this beautiful little b&b, where the interior design is gorgeous and the service and friendliness is fantastic. A homemade breakfast with local produce, and if anything was missing they went out of your way to find it!
The location couldn't be better - down a little cobble-stone alleyway down to the harbourside, minutes to the shops or to the cliffside round to the Tate. Very good value for money - the interiors make you feel like your in a premium hotel, and this, coupled with location and service, make it a no-brainer in choice. Thank you, Cornerways!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This was our second visit to ‘Cornerways’ having stayed there at the same time last year, primarily to engage in the New Year celebrations. I didn't think for one minute that this place could get any better but I was wrong! Tim & Shelley really have got this B&B lark sussed, they certainly know how to make your stay not only enjoyable but memorable too.Cornerways is spotlessly clean and very comfortable with a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Your morning will start with Tim's breakfast, deliciously tasty and expertly presented, this really does set you up for the day! The maids are exceptional, they are on hand to help with whatever and whenever, nothing is too much trouble.

This superb little B&B is tucked nicely away from the hustle and bustle of the busy town but step outside the front door, turn left and you are 90seconds from the sea front and most importantly about 120 seconds to the nearest pub!! This is an Ideal location for being close to the action but far enough away from any noise.

I titled this ‘Look No Further’, may I suggest that you don’t when looking for accommodation in St Ives.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

What a great stay we had in St. Ives. Tim and Shelley made us feel so welcome and could not have been better hosts, we really felt like part of the family.
The room was great and the location perfect.
Tim cooks the best breakfast you could wish for.
I will be recommending Cornerways to all my friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Cornerways is situated in the heart of St.Ives and within reasonable walking distance of all of the towns attractions and beaches.........Parking is always a challange but the owner, Tim Tate, seems to have mastered the art of providing safe parking for his guests and judging by his clientelle book most first time visitors become regulars............ The bedrooms each have a diferent theme and are snug yet provide all of the comforts of a larger hotel but with perhaps much more personal touch..................The breakfasts are a legend with Tims speciality being a stewed tomato prepared the evening before and all of the produce is sourced locally and cooked fresh to order......................just ask for some fresh fish and it will be served to perfection..............I simply keep booking breaks and weekends throughout the year.............the high standard never drops !!!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at Cornerways for 2 nights in the July at £90 per night.

Our room was very modern, clean but quite small and we were thankful for being so centrally located in St. Ives and in a nice, clean B&B with a great shower & comfortable bed.

Breakfast was a bit of let-down if I’m totally honest, we were served cold coffee both mornings & the full English was nothing more than OK.

The hotel is in a quaint St Ives street and therefore, doesn’t have parking facilities & is very difficult to find - so when we booked we were advised to park on the nearby Island pay & display car park which costs £6 per 24hour stay. The car park is around a 3 minute walk to the hotel.

To conclude the B&B is a nice building located within St. Ives town centre and is ideally placed for all of the towns wonderful attractions, although the breakfast was a bit of a let down & we felt our stay was slightly over-priced.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellingSaddler
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed at Cornerways with my boyfriend for 3 nights. We loved it ! The staff are so friendly, the breakfasts fantastic, our room superb. The location is great - just a short walk to the front & we would both recommend eating at the Mermaid, which is very close by - yummy !

We fell in love with St Ives & plan to move there early next year.

Stayed: October 2009