“Wonderful!”
Review of The Regent

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Regent
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location, fantastic views on the bay, very clean and cosy. The owners create a relaxed, home-feel atmosphere. Very warm in the rooms, in spite of the weather. Easy to find and offers parking, which is a rarity in St. Ives. Will definitely come again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Happyandtraveller

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Lovely little hotel. Spotlessly clean and a breakfast to die for, Great position and proprieters Keith and Sandy were friendly and welcoming. View across St Ives bay from lounge was beautiful. Will definitely stay again and would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Regent Hotel for the last 5 years and have found it to be first class in every way. We would not stay anywhere else. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the breakfast is better than any I have had in any other hotel we have stayed at elsewhere. Keith and Sandy are friendly and helpful and we always get the warmest welcome. The hotel is situated within walking distance of St Ives and has parking which is great. You can also walk to the little train station and get the train to Carbis Bay or Truro of further afield. Wonderful and thanks to Keith and Sandy for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very nice place to stay!
Value for money. We stayed 3 nights here.
I love the room although it's small. The room is very clean. We stayed in a room has a beautiful view to the beach.
Service is really great, people here are friendly and kind.
The location of The Regent is also perfect, near the bus stop, about 2-3 minutes walking. We can easy to find a bus to other places near by.
We had traditional English breakfast which was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank My B
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent hotel with the most amazing views of St. Ives bay. The breakfast is probably the best hotel breakfast we have every had, plenty of choice and simply delicious. Our room was spotlessly clean although compact with a small shower room, but the view compensated. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My parents booked The Regent as a surprise for myself and partner, the four of us drove down from the North West early September. I'd actually fallen asleep in the car and woke on our approach to St Ives to the realisation that we would be staying in the exact same location of my childhood holidays in the 80's!

My Dad parked easily in The Regent's car park so it was easy enough to get the luggage into reception, where we were greeted by Keith and Sandi, the same owners from when I was a kid! This immediately made us all feel at home!

We had rooms 9 and 10 just up the first flight of stairs. I can't remember if we had 9 or 10 but my jaw dropped as soon as I saw the view from our room! Absolutely stunning view of the beach and harbour. There was no need for pictures on the walls as we couldn't stop looking out of the window! I was very happy to have the use of Free WIFI in the rooms, I was able to check emails and show friends and family what a beautiful place we were staying at.

After a short rest in the room, we were straight out to explore. Keith was so helpful suggesting places of interest and interesting facts about the area.

On our first day the sun was shining and we walked along the beach road - to my surprise Fat Willy's Surf Shack is still there after all these years. Of course I stopped to buy a t-shirt like I had in the 80's! It was warm enough to sunbathe on the harbour wall or deckchairs.

After a good walk we decided on food at The Balcony, they do a really fresh salad and yummy chocolate brownies.

We'd had a long drive plus myself and partner had flown to UK from the Canary Islands the same day and we just wanted hot showers and a good rest. The bathroom had complimentary soaps and lotion which was handy as I'd left mine in the car and didn't fancy going to get them. The shower was modern and powerful. I thought it was very economical that there was a toilet roll dispenser and I loved heating my clothes up on the radiator in the bathroom of an evening. Fluffy towels and fresh ones provided the next day although we didn't need them.

The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable, so we were bright eyed and bushy tailed for breakfast early the next morning. Sandi was always very helpful at breakfast time, and there was a really good selection of food, we tried to pick different things everyday. Even for fussy eaters like myself and my Mum, there was plenty of selection. I liked the way The Regent use locally sourced products for their breakfasts, plus they were delicious and set us up for the day.

The weather turned but we still braved the open top bus and visited Lands End, had dinner at the Lands End Hotel and had our photo at the Lands End signpost. It started to rain on the bus on the way back to St Ives, but it's all about the experience. How many people can say they went on an open top bus in the rain? You only live once after all!

Another day we 'hiked' up to the little chapel on the hill where we had amazing views of the bay. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to browse plus one evening we watched a brass band playing 'Gangnam Style' on the harbour, which was quite amusing.

Overall we had an amazing time and after telling my partner about this gem of a place and memories as a kid it was brilliant for him to see it for himself.

Keith and Sandi really looked after us and I would recommend The Regent for a family break or couples getaway. 10 out of 10!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ToriaTravels
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value for money, very friendly owners who looked after us wonderfully, very clean, room a little small but comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day. Thank you so much would definitely recommend you.

• Stayed: September 2013