We had already been in St Ives for a week in a flat but wanted a few more days to catch the Show of Hands concert & The Spot The Artist Postcard sale (we had come down specifically for the festival). We chose the Olive Branch as it was only a few doors down from the flat and we are so glad we did. Justin and Julie work hard to make this a relaxed and friendly place to stay. The rooms are simply and tastefully furnished, with good views, powerful showers and very comfy beds. Spotlessly clean too. Breakfasts are great and when we had to leave at 6am for the postcard art sale, Julie made us (without us asking) a packed breakfast complete with flask of coffee which we thought was a thoughtful gesture. Justin is a great host with cutting wit and always ready with a joke, comment or a weather forecast ("it will be fine!") He and Julie both made us feel very welcome - as did George the dog. The Olive Branch has parking and is just a 10 minute walk from the town centre - and you to not need to drive through the centre of St Ives to get there (avoid driving through St Ives at all costs - it is not designed for cars!). We both very much enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olive Branch is a superb holiday location in St Ives, Cornwall, just minutes from the harbour, town and 5 sandy beaches. Our Rooms We have five ensuite double rooms, four of which have sea views. Two of our double rooms can be converted to twin bedded rooms. There is also a single ensuite room. Breakfast We serve a traditional full English breakfast as well as vegetarian breakfasts and lighter options. St Ives St. Ives has a Mediterranean feel about it, with its maze of cobbled streets and alleyways, crescent shaped beaches with golden sands and turquoise sea - all set in the uniquely rugged granite landscape of West Cornwall. The holiday visitor in St Ives can find everything that they could wish for in a seaside resort. From the moment that you arrive in the town you will be stunned by the panoramic vistas that seem to greet you on every turn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Olive Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olive Branch Hotel St Ives
- The Olive Branch St Ives, Cornwall