“Burger me it's good!”

Ranked #20 of 154 Restaurants in St Ives
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I've been to Blas before and to be honest I couldn't wait to get back.

We rocked up at half 8 looking to get a table for two and they couldn't fit us in until 9.05 so we went for a little walk around the harbour and came back - It was certainly worth the wait!

We both went for the cheese burger - I went for Cornish blue and the Mrs went for cheddar. We also shared a bowl of fries but I don't think these were required as the Burgers were huge!

Not in a "can't get my mouth around this burger" huge. Just, well, you know. Massive!

But it wasn't just the size of the burger that was large - they were also big on taste. I know how this sounds but I can't remember ever having a burger this good, and I've had some tasty burgers in my time.

I can't wait to get bak and the other half is talking about going again for lunch today. I guess we'll have a light supper....

1  Thank mrpink104
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Was looking for Blas from the Trip Advisor reviews. Took a little time to find it but once there it's worth the effort. Smaller than expected but the burgers are fantastic. Rustic environment and very cost but get past having to sit with strangers and it's all worth it.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Great place, great food, great staff and terrific value for money. Time your visit to avoid the crowds. We went at 4.30 on Wednesday for a late lunch/early dinner, we didn't have to wait for a table and ate at a leisurely pace with no-one waiting for our table. The restaurant is small and started to fill up about 5.30 so I guess anytime before that would be fine.

1  Thank nicfa
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Don't eat here if you don't want to be asked to come back later; you hate sharing a table, sitting on a tin can or loud music; and you can't live with all the eco tosh.

Do eat here if you like the freshest of fresh, localist of local ingredients assembled before your eyes into one of the best burgers you have ever tasted, served in a busy, vibrant atmosphere. Not to everybody's taste, but if you like it, you'll love it.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Ate at Blas on a busy Saturday night in peak holiday season and pleased the wait was only 45 mins for a table for 5. Have read all the reviews and we were not disappointed - excellent, well priced food, fabulous, friendly service which makes such a difference. The burgers really are good - well worth a visit.