“Good Food, Fair Price and Great Service”

The Beach Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Fair Price and Great Service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have just returned from a four night visit to St Ives and I did promise to write a review for the Beach Restaurant where we ate last Monday. For £44 we had two fantastic meals two superb deserts and a very nice bottle of wine, which I thought was good value. That said the real star was the lady who served us,Donna was so pleasant and helpful I honestly thought she must be the owner, though as it turned out she worked there usually behind the bar but had asked to waitress for the evening. Her customer service was first class.
One last piece of advice to anyone, wherever you go in St Ives you will need to book in advance if you want to eat after 7.30 in the evening.

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings..........”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We've been to St Ives many time and this was the first visit to Beach restaurant. We had a great table and looked forward to sampling some great fish. There were no cheeseburgers on the kids menu so we had to pay full price from adult menu. My husband ordered grilled sea bass with Moroccan spice crust, duck fat potatoes and roasted root veg. I went for the seafood stew. My husband was massively disappointed with the size of his portion of fish and the spiced crust was merely a dusting and lacking in flavour. The potatoes and veg were also not up to scratch. We joked that he may have to call at the chippy on the way home! The lady at the next table looked wide-eyed at her portion of the same fish when it arrived. She obviously thought the same and, actually, her kids' fish and chips were bigger than her meal! However, my seafood stew was great and there was a lot of it so I shared with my husband. A real let down overall though and expensive for the portion size.

5 Thank Ronnie S
Newry, United Kingdom
“monkfish heaven”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

arrived in st Ives on a Saturday afternoon hungry and tired .saw the welcoming poster and went upstairs to discover a beautiful airy and packed restaurant we were escorted to a lovely window table and our order was taken right away i had monk fish in a beautiful sauce with chips perfectly cooked .my partner in crime had the fish pie which was eaten with relish .this restaurant is one of the best we have had the pleasure of dining in while visiting Cornwall. this summer

Milan, Italy
“Great View and Location, Nice Service, Food OK”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very welcoming even on a very busy day, kind to a number of families with small children as well as to us. Great sea view and location on the wharf. Food at lunch was ok, less impressive than others have reported.

Would rather try pastries at a bakery next time, looking for something special to eat.

4 Thank GianlucaMarcellino
Italy
“If you love fish....”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I came here after reading all the great comments on TA and I wasn't disappointed. The fish was really fresh and delicious, the service was very good and the view is lovely. I would say, though, that it doesn't pay to get there late as a few things were off the menu when we got there at about 9pm.

1 Thank rivolese