“ideal stay - comfortable & convenient”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
One or our visitors!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dave L
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
“ideal stay - comfortable & convenient”
Reviewed April 20, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

the house was well situated, close to the shop & site restaurant / bar but still quiet and not overlooked.
the house is warm and equipped with everything you could need for your stay, all spotlessly clean.
we would definitely recommend

Apr 29, 2018
Hi David.
It was a pleasure meeting you both. Thank you for looking after my place, I couldn’t believe how little I had to do to get the place ready for my next guests. Very much appreciated.
Best wishes.
Heatherh6...
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Super host!”
Reviewed November 14, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Excellent communication with the owner, Chris, giving peace of mind regarding the booking of the accommodation.

Helen P
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Chris was very friendly and helpful, the lodge was clean, cozy and comfy and had everything you needed. St Ives is beautiful, enjoyed tresco and Trebar gardens.

johnandsa...
Essex, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed September 14, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Had a short stay here for a family wedding and we loved it! Chris, the owner was great and really helpful!
The house was clean and comfortable and had everything we could need!
Would highly recommend.

Sep 27, 2017
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure hosting you all. I would recommend you to others hosts.
Reviewed September 9, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Sep 27, 2017
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. I wouldn't hesitate recommending you to other hosts.
Anthony M
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Woodland Retreat for one week and we loved it. We instantly felt at home and comfortable in this chalet. The owner was very helpful and friendly, he met us at the chalet on day one to show us round. The chalet was spotlessly clean and all of the chalet facilities were great and easy to use (cooking, shower, heating)
This is a great base to explore nearby St Ives and it's wonderful beaches, our favourite beach was Porthmeor Beach. Despite the wet weather on a couple of the days, there was still lots to do and on returning to the chalet in the evenings, it was very quick to warm up. We would definitely return to this chalet for another holiday.
Thank you Chris for a wonderful week and it's nice to see an owner who takes pride in his property.

Sep 8, 2017
Thank you, Anthony, for your wonderful review. It's nice to be appreciated as I try hard to get it right. Anthony and his family were perfect guests who I'd highly recommend and would welcome back any time. Look forward to meeting you again sometime.
lindaM407...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Chalet very good”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The chalet -Woodland Retreat- was very good. It was well kitted out and very clean, Chris the owner certainly looks after the chalet really well
Regular buses into St Ives etc. from the holiday village, check the facilities on the site before buying a pass to use them, the changing rooms in the swimming pool are not very good.
We had to buy the pass - (£12 each) before we could view the facilities, because the chalet is privately owned. Several days into the holiday I asked for a refund as we had not used the facilities, but was refused. We were given several reasons as to why we could not be refunded.
The manager told me it was normal procedure to sell guests passes before they could view the facilities, and refunds would not be given if they did not use them?
There is no system in place to show the passes are being used.

Jul 15, 2017
I'm afraid the site policy on passes is completely out of my control and hope this is the only reason I've been given my worse rating so far.
I'd like to thank Linda for respecting my place and keeping it clean and tidy and the very positive remarks left in my visitors book and hope this hasn't deterred her from staying in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing