“Highly Recommended....”
Review of Back Street Bistro

Back Street Bistro
Ranked #9 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French inspired menu, where fine dining has never been so casual! Finest locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife & I spent 4 days in St. Ives, and were recommended to visit St. Andrew's St. Bistro. We were not disappointed. In fact, we went back a second time on our last night... a very good decision. The restaurant with it's high ceiling is tasteful, spacious and relaxing. Service is friendly and efficient. The food is plentiful in portion size and very good value for money. A small menu where every item is cooked to perfection. What more can you ask for. We'll be back....

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is an intriguing restaurant with a quirky selection of pictures and furnishings. I started with scallops, the presentation was unexciting but flavour good. To follow, I tried the 'special' of brill filets with crab fishcake, samphire and pea veloute. There was a very generous portion of good fish. The samphire was a littel chewy, but that is a common problem. I enjoyed the slight crunch of the fishcake in contrast to the soft fish and 'soupy' pea veloute, but I couldn't actually taste crab. This was a substantial plateful, with the result that I didn't have room for a dessert. The meal was washed down with a very qauffable, unremarkable but good value, house malbec/sangiovese. Waitress service was friendly and helpful. The host pleasantly engaged with people at most tables (but you felt invisible if, like us, your table was missed out).

Reviewed September 18, 2013

went to St Andrew bistro on recommendations on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed excellent food, steak was amazing, the whole evening was wonderful, staff were brilliant very friendly even got given two free liqueurs to end evening, wonderful touch thank you

Reviewed September 18, 2013

lovely meal, great service and very reasonable too. Make the effort to find this place. It's not so obvious.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to St Andrews Bistro fully intending to order Seafood; then I saw the duck confit and had to try it. I order Duck Confit just about every time I see it on a menu, often it is disappointing. St Andrew’s Bistro’s Confit was absolutely amazing. It was easily the largest portion of duck that I have ever received, consisting of an entire leg and thigh in a very good cherry sauce with perfectly prepared green beans and a several new potatoes. My wife’s mushroom gnocchi was also very good.
I really enjoyed the spaciousness of the space. Staff was uniformly friendly and professional throughout. I could not have asked for better.