“You have to try this . It is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Back Street Bistro

Back Street Bistro
Ranked #9 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: European, British, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: French inspired menu, where fine dining has never been so casual! Finest locally sourced ingredients.
Bristol
“You have to try this . It is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a cool venue. Very open, great quirky art and good atmosphere. Lovely greeting from the moment we arrived. A very attentive service, not too much and not too little... perfect. The food was excellent. Very friendly staff. Children made to feel welcome and part of the experience. Didn't want to leave. Glad we booked. Can't wait to go back. Other paces should use this place as an example on how to do it right! A must if you are in the area. ;-).

1 Thank Rob F

devon
“What a Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We happened across the restaurant whilst meandering through the streets during the day. We decided that it may be a good place to have a meal that evening, as the menu looked scrumptious. We werent disappointed. Friendly staff, made us feel very welcome and complimentary breads with balsamic dips, first class service, from the owner? ..... Appeared a popular place as was busy, but service didnt suffer....food was FANTASTIC and FRESH. Complimentary Lemoncello at the end of the evening was a sweet surprise. Would definately visit again when in the area .... hidden away, but worth looking for. And its just a few yards from the sea

Visited March 2013
1 Thank m m
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, a gem in St Ives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Belated birthday meal and we were not disappointed. Food was excellent, staff very friendly and atmosphere relaxed. My partner had scallops to start and hake as a main which were all perfectly cooked. My potted ham hock starter was unusual and very tasty and the chicken main was superb. The shared panna cotta was to die for! Portions were very ample. The owner was very helpful when it came to choosing wine and there was no hard sell in an attempt to sway towards the more expensive ones on offer. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening, if we are in St Ives again in the future we will be sure to return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SHEEPY2012
Rome, Italy
“5 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I got soaked wet during the day and I decided to make myself a present for dinner. I went for the £19.95 3 course menu. The food was delicious, and the staff great. The lady hung up my coat to the radiator, and took care of it for the whole of my staying there, making sure it was drying. Also the manager was really nice to me. There is a nice atmosphere, background music and nice lighting. The cook even made a special sauce for me as the hake came with a honey, saffron and mustard sauce and I totally hate mustard. It is worth it to spend a little more, for the quality of the food it is not that much really!

Bristol
“Hmmmmm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Can't agree with the other reviewers I'm afraid.
A friendly welcome by the owner, but sorry to say the food didn't come up to expectations.
My wife had the sea food linguine which was nice, but no better than that.
I had the Cornish steak. How disappointing.
Medium rare as requested, but was really dry with very little taste. Not only that but the whole plate of food was luke warm.
As it was our anniversary I couldn't be bothered to make a fuss, but did pass comment when the waitress inquired about the food.
I told the waitress that the steak was tepid, the chips limp and tasted as though they had been hanging around for a while, and the bunch of baby tomatoes were as cold as though they had come straight out of the fridge.
She did offer to get me some more tomatoes. (how generous).
Such a shame.
Obviously won't be going there again.
Also seemed expensive. £70 for two people, 2 course meal and a few drinks.
Disappointed.