“Lovely food - Well worth a visit”
Review of Seafood Cafe

Seafood Cafe
Ranked #24 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stourport, United Kingdom
“Lovely food - Well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We came here on the last night of our holiday stay , We had decided on the Rum and Crabbe but the menu when closely looked wasn't as diverse as the Sea food Cafe.. We went there roughly at 1800-1900 and managed to get seated straight away ( had the last table for 2) . I would recommend booking as it was busy and we did see people waiting for tables..

The place is clean tidy and well presented..

Now it has been mentioned about the service , now I cant comment on those reviews only on my visit and I can happily say the service was quick, polite and informative about the food.

We had 2 starters and the fish platter for 2 ...now it being a seafood restaurant and being a good one the food isn't super dear but its not cheap either - with a bottle of water and a soft drink the total came to about £47.00.

The food was presented bistro style on fancy plates and presented well... we had the Monkfish with Thai sauce and new potatoes.. this was frankly amazing... lovely lovely food... the chilli jam sauce i'd happily pay for a jar myself.. there was about 3 fillets and 2 prawn skewers and enough potatoes to warrant the £30.00 cost.

We decided against the desert for no reason other than we simply didn't want one - but they did look very nice.
I'd love to go back to this restaurant and will do so when I'm back in St.Ives next year.

• Visited September 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful tasty dishes”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate there twice during our week's stay in St Ives and thoroughly enjoyed our meals.The Hake with Parmesan, bacon and pesto sauce was delicious and followed by the most wonderful fruit crumble and custard I have ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot!). Everything was beautifully presented and the staff were polite and helpful. Try the cider for a drink - excellent. The chef is to be congratulated........If we return to St Ives we will definitely eat there again.

Visited September 2013
Wimbledon
“Still excellent!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've been coming here on and off for years, with family, friends and as couple. Started going to the Loft (Terrace?), but that was closed. So glad we came back here. Great location in the middle of the high street. Smiling efficient service and the freshest fish ever. Clean, bright interior. Unpretentious good stuff. (But reprint your menus, they look a little tired.)

• Visited October 2013
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“A quick, tasty, fishy lunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good food, reasonably priced and good service - a very pleasant ambience in this busy seaside town. We had items from the starter menu for our lunch and portion size was just right for us - but so much bread came with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar that I asked for it to be wrapped so that I could bring it home. This was done without an eyelid being batted!

• Visited October 2013
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“My kind of place”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Whilst on holiday in Cornwall we stopped at this restaurant for lunch. It looked inviting from the outside and we were not disappointed. Staff were very efficient and food was very fresh. I had mussels and fries and my husband had seafood pasta. I had fruit crumble and custard for dessert which was extremely well presented and possibly the tastiest dessert I have ever had! Only wish I lived closer to Cornwall.

• Visited September 2013