This is the second time we've stayed at the Longcross and I honestly couldn't find anything to fault if I tried. We stayed in a suite in the detached house across the car park from the main hotel, 3 bedrooms and a living room, ideal for a family. The rooms were immaculate, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The location is ideal for visiting places like Port Issac, Rock and Padstow, but at the same time out in the countryside, peaceful and relaxing. I'm not a big gardens fan, but the children loved them and the kids play area.
Breakfasts were one of the highlights of the stay, I rarely get chance for a relaxing breakfast and therefore appreciate a good one and these were amongst the best I've had. Good food, well cooked (fresh not buffet) and the lady who served us really could not have been more genuinely attentive and helpful. We ate at the hotel one night which was also excellent (views from the terrace restaurant are superb) and on another we had a Thai takeaway from a local pub in our suite.
A small fridge in our suite would have been a useful addition, but as the staff were only too happy to provide a bucket of ice if needed or milk for the kids bottles, that really wasn't an issue. No hesitation in recommending it and I'm sure we'll be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now s stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall