We were booked into this hotel for 3 days and were really looking forward to the short break. We were not disappointed. The room we had looked out over unspoilt countryside and the sea. The room was tastefully decorated, the bed linen scrupulously clean. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room as well. We thought we would try the restaurant the first night, we were very impressed. Service was exellent, Maitre D was Juanquim. obviously Spanish with an excellent command of English (he went to Cambridge) his English wife served the meals. We had starters, which were delicious and both had the fish pie, which was really delicious. The weather was not kind to us and the traffic was horrendous, a 23 mile journey took 2 hours. We dined in the hotel the second night and had an equally delicious meal. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now a stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall