We stayed here when the hotel was partially shut for the season so it is very hard to comment on the hotel proper however we found the whole experience rather odd.
We had been asked by James who I assume is the owner what time would arrive so that he could leave the key with the gardener, on arrival we were met by a rather befuddled chap who confirmed he was the gardener and new nothing about our stay let alone keys, anyway give him is due he did attempt to gain access to the house next door which turns out is part of the hotel.
Keys arrived and we were given access to room 19 which was a good size and undeniably clean, although the wet room floor is very slippery when wet and you have to use the key to open the front door from the inside which did cause us some concern if there was to be fire, but importantly both these things are easily fixed and would not deter us from returning
There is plenty of parking, the grounds are expansive and well maintained with great views across Port Isaac.
We will probably try it again when it is open properly as the menu`s in the rooms and on the website look great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now s stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall