“Disappointed”

The Takeaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Port Isaac
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 1 week ago

Over priced,over cooked greasy food disappointed for a coastal village to have such a poor chip shop

Date of visit: July 2019

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Despite the reviews, we decided to go here this evening. Service was awful: took 10 minutes to order and we were waiting for 45 minutes for our food and there was no apology whatsoever. Other customers were turned away in an awkward manner.
Fish was okay, chips were frozen and definitely not worth the wait.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awful chips... dry, frozen.
Very disappointing for a seaside fish n chip shop.
These owners need to give up and go home to be honest. Pass it to someone who knows how to make real fresh potato chips. I have never seen a chip shop with nothing in the warmers and no chips ready cooked. It’s obvious everyone knows how awful the chips are... I wish I had, i wouldn’t have wasted my money. Fed the chips to the seagulls!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Lovely food, fish & chips were the best I’ve had in a long time from a takeaway! Lovely ladies serving.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Caz_1307
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

We went on a Friday evening and ordered two plaice and chips, mushy peas and curry sauce. The staff were friendly and cooked our order fresh as we waited. Both the fish and the chips were cooked to perfection and the curry sauce was delicious. I highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2019