“Just wonderful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 week ago

Camel valley wine...just delicious....best crab ever...I had the salad...my husband had the crab sandwich...sat outside... loved every bit of this place! Staff charming, Thank you! A hidden gem!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (388)

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

After trying this place , just me and my dog , during the week, I was keen to return with hubby on the weekend. We had Lobster and crab open sandwiches. They were delicious, with mayo and crushed avacado on toasted bread, the lobster and crab were as fresh as you can get. A simple cafe , just by the carpark on the east side of Port Issac, a real reward to look forward to after walking back up the hill to the car park. Smiley service , tables inside and out, dog friendly too . The highlight of our visit.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely crab sandwich but it had a bit of shell in, which unfortunately really hurt my tooth.

If it didnt have the shell it would have been top marks.

Id still get another though!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 14, 2019

Visited for lunch whilst visiting Port Issac. We were lucky to get one of the 3 tables inside as it was raining. I had a delicious crab and my husband had half a lobster. Both were really beautiful and fresh. If we had any criticisms it would be that the salad with it was a bit disappointing. It was fresh but mostly leaves with just a few tiny bits of cue, tomato & avocado scattered on the top. The service was pleasant and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 26, 2019 via mobile

I had read the great reviews and really wanted to try the crab or lobster. When I arrived at the restaurant the three inside tables had diners on them but I found an outside table and went inside to order. There was no acknowledgement that I exited but I thought a time I asked if I could sit inside. Each time I was told no, the table was booked. Eventually a very nice lady asked if she could help and I ordered my meal, dressed crab and a glass of elderflower cordial. Outside the wind was gusting to gale force and it was not a pleasant experience. The people at the next table pointed out that one of the tables was not reserved until 1.30. As it was only 12.45, could they eat inside. They were allowed to do so. I was a bit upset but my dressed crab came, delivered by a lovely friendly waitress. It was delicious but the wind spoiled my enjoyment of the meal. When I went in to pay, at 1.15, I noticed that the remaining empty tables were not reserved until 1.30. When I pointed out that I could have eaten in comfort and still been well away before the table was booked, I was told they couldn't be sure the 1.30 guests wouldn't turn up early. I said I was disappointed and although my meal was delicious, I hadn't been made to feel very welcome. When told I should book next time, I said I would make sure I pointed this out on Trip Advisor.
As I left, the boss came ruining after me and said I couldn't have had a table anyway as I had a dog. I pointed out that their reviews said they accepted dogs inside and there was one inside when I arrived. She said they "didn't always allow dogs, it depends". Not sure what it depends on as mine was a small, quiet, well behaved little dog. So, I remain disappointed and its honestly the first place on my cornish holiday that I have felt unwelcome. Maybe she didn't like lone diners. Just be aware, book a table if you want to eat in and if you have a dog, check it's a dog friendly day.

Date of visit: September 2019