“Enjoyable evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boscastle, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

going to Slipway is a very enjoyable evening. We parked in the car park at the top of the hill near the Edge restaurant and had a lovely walk down into Port isaac. The ambience is good in the Slipway and although the choice on the menu is a bit limited we enjoyed our food and the service was good too. Overall a very enjoyable evening out

• Visited September 2012

Liverpool
“One of my favourite restaurants”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I had lunch at the Slipway on a glorious sunny afternoon. The menu is quite simplea nd the food, particularily the calamari and mussels were perfect. The service was great, despite the place being jam packed. When the weather is nice I cant think of many places better than the terrace of the Slipway to dine out. Great value for money too as the portions are quite big for the price.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank COYBL25
Manchester
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have been visiting port isaac for many years and have always had lunch at the Slipway Hotel. I was disappointed when i realised they had drastically changed the menu however when our meals arrived i realised that this was no bad thing. The food was fantastic and good value for money when considering other retauarants in the area.

We returned for lunch in our second week and were not disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“A really lovely meal out”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

A great little restaurant located right on the harbour, with an outside patio. We had an evening meal upstairs in the restaurant (we hadn't booked) - both ordered the herb crusted hake, which came with a very generous extra portion of vegetables. Desserts had been freshly made that day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout the meal. A very enjoyable evening!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful - avoid, avoid, avoid”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

A very bad experience. Service was incredibly slow - waited 45 mins for our food. When it arrived my son's sausage was raw in the middle, this was taken back and obviously just microwaved so was returned with the same chips and peas, now cold. My seafood tagliatelle was mostly made up of what was obviously the cheapest possible cod and was therefore full of bones, making it inedible. Sadly, I did pick through it and eat what I could - wish I hadn't as I was subsequently violently ill.
My Mum's loin of pork was supposed to come with mange tout, which did not arrive. When pressed the waiter did bring a minuscule portion which he threw on the table with very bad grace.
The rudeness of the staff when we complained was unbelievable. They obviously could not care less.
Avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited July 2012