TripAdvisor
Port Isaac
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews car park doc martin your luggage lifeboat station old building seafood platter fishing village groupon deal the pub overlooking the harbour twin room crab short break full english three nights lovely place out of season
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A beautiful B&B in the heart of the village of Port Isaac. Our room overlooked the harbour and though it was small it was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Attentive staff and we enjoyed a very good dinner and breakfast.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited today, and had to write this review.. Agree with the last reviewer that this place really does take ‘advantage’ of unassuming visitors. Admittedly it is New Years Eve so it was busy both inside and out, but not sure that excuses the disappointment in our meal. Ordered two jacket potatoes with cheese and beans (which arrived in five minutes) but how hard can it be to ensure it is warm, and cooked the entire way through (we even had to ask for butter) We aren’t complainers so didn’t return back to the kitchen, but on hindsight should have. Such a wonderful location, but the experience has been tainted by such awful food. Would definitely visit Port Isaac again, and this place has such a fantastic outlook, but will eat elsewhere next time.. Sorry guys!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I spend Christmas in Cornwall every year and for the past couple of years make an effort to eat at The Slipway as it’s always been great. I was especially looking forward to it this year but could not have been more disappointed!

Staff were very average - not welcoming or overly helpful. Menu had changed and not for the better, before they offered very unique, fresh fish dishes. Now, the menu is nothing special.

My partners steak was not edible. For £19 you expect a good meat, cooked well but it wasn’t and no offer of any sauces. When peppercorn sauce was requested we were told the kitchen was too busy to make it. I ordered a hake, crab and spinach risotto. Well there was no crab or spinach and it was the blandest thing I’ve eaten in ages. No taste whatsoever and very watery. My nieces sausages were burnt as can be and my brothers pigs in blankets weren’t cooked enough.

Overall, a below average experience and I would not bother going back. Bring back the dishes from before and take pride in the food and it would Be a lovely spot yet again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank suzabr
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

Uninviting welcome, smell of cannabis in bar, drunk staff, even less interested manager or/ owner
.ate on first night food ok but not what was advertised on board outside.
Breakfast was so embarrassing we went elsewhere...owner just wanted our money wasn't interested in our feedback

Wont be back or recomend it to anybody, budget or not
..yuk
Yuk.yuk

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Paul P
Reviewed November 6, 2019

We absolutely loved the Slipway. The food, the bedding, and the staff were all great. It is a good location, right in the center of town. We are Doc Martin fans so this was a dream come true for us. I would definitely choose the Slipway again.

Room tip: Choose one with a view of the harbor.
Date of stay: October 2019