TripAdvisor

Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Port Isaac
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Nathan Outlaw offers a seafood tasting menu for diners at lunch and dinner as well as a set lunch menu. The menus highlight the finest sustainable seafood caught off the South West coast. The unique approach to seafood cookery provides the platform for a truly memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place is as good as it gets.beautiful to look at , and equally beautiful to eat.The delicious fish dishes and gorgeous dessert were more then memorable. The service friendly and professional. My partner treated me for my birthday.one I wont forget.worth every penny.And the wines, particularly our dessert one.Amazing!

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (964)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great location good food and excellent staff. A bit pricey but was a birthday treat. Would recommend and will return

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful setting, wonderful food and wonderful staff.

Very imaginative food from what reads a fairly simple menu. Every course was executed to perfection, and delivered by very knowledgeable staff.

Yes it’s expensive but it’s worth every penny.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have wanted to dine at this restaurant for longer than I can remember. I love fish and fine dining so had very high expectations, especially given the two star status.
On arriving at the restaurant I was struck by how understated it was, not a problem in itself, I was there after all for the food, however it set a tone of bistro rather than fine dining restaurant. After all, it is about the whole experience, including appearance and atmosphere as well of the food.
The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.
The menu was set for lunch and cost £140 each so pretty expensive by any Michelin star restaurant standard.
First came the appetiser; a little lobster on a fennel scone and two different types of Ceviche, both very tasty, the lobster was ok, the scone stodgy.
The starter which followed was also ceviche which was too much really after the two appetisers, tasty yes but you’d have to really love ceviche to have three dishes back to back.
The next two fish course were bass and John Dory both cooked very well but so simple I really couldn’t see any creativity or Michelin flare.
The dessert was nice enough, lost on me really as I’m not a sweet tooth but probably the only dish where you could actually see and appreciate the work which had gone into its creation.
In summary I was left feeling really disappointed by the whole meal. There were no bad component parts but it was lacking that wow factor I have experienced elsewhere.
I appreciate the simplicity of the dishes however for me it went too far. I do not want to feel like I could have cooked the food I’ve eaten somewhere like that myself!
I’m glad I’ve been to this restaurant, it’s one ticked off the list but I wouldn’t be returning and I couldn’t recommend it, for me it really was emperors new clothes.

1  Thank X7941SJrachelm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The stunning menu did not disappoint my tastebuds. The four course tasting menu was thoughtful, well prepared and focusing on the seafood, remained simple. Each one of the four of us had a different favourite dish, all enjoying the taste sensation. The wine pairings were, without exception, simply fabulous.

We sat with a view to the kitchen, so enjoyed watching the thought and precision that goes into presenting the dishes. Well done to all. Enjoyed the smart service from Ian and Steffi too.

Highly recommended