“Expensive but worth it”

Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Port Isaac
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Nathan Outlaw offers a seafood tasting menu for diners at lunch and dinner as well as a set lunch menu. The menus highlight the finest sustainable seafood caught off the South West coast. The unique approach to seafood cookery provides the platform for a truly memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 1 week ago

You can ONLY have the course menu which seems overpriced at £140 however the food was outstanding and memorable. The little bits to begin with were amazing.
Service was excellent too.
If we ever go back to Port Issac, I'll have to raid the piggy bank again!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Have been looking forward to this meal with my partner for some time and it really didnt disappoint. The food was amazing on the taster menu, the wine pairing was simply brilliant and really went together. The service too was excellent. Couldn't have asked for more.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 1 week ago

A great location, with lovely views and, of course, the food was great. It's not cheap, but it is great value with a large number of attentive and friendly staff cooking, preparing and serving. Damon made the wine flight really interesting. Great experience and worth both Michelin stars.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were looking forward to going to NO during our entire trip around Cornwall, we were not sure we would go as we were on the waiting list. We harrassed them on the phone for like 5 days and finally got a table after a cancellation. I wish I had given up on them yet as it happened to be the biggest disappointment of our entire food tour. It definetely was the worse restaurant I had been last year for sure. I mean the food wasnt bad but it definitely was bland. I love fish and went to many places around the world specialising in fish, from 3stars to more humble places in Japan, Spain, France etc, and im quite knowledgeable about this type of cuisine.

I think the most genuine critic I could make is that the essence of the fish wasnt really there. The taste wasnt really forward or distinct. Not to mention we didnt like the associations of food he made (at all!!), I think it was just weird and unappealing.

The interior is undescribable. We sat next to a multi-color fish artwork which felt quite a distraction during the entire meal. The rest of the room is dull but with a great view if you’re by the window. I think a relocation is much needed.

Needless to say I dont understand the positive critics on TA, but maybe thats because NAthan Outlaw is the only “high-end” restaurant in the area and people dont have so much choice like we do in London.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been here once before but this time came with our teenagers....as it was a special treat to celebrate many things! One of our party is vegan but the whole team at the restaurant - given it is a fish restaurant went out of their way to accommodate our requirements.

The sun came out of what was a wet day - as the view from the restaurant is wonderful if you get a clear evening....we did and I love looking at the sea...

The service is really very special here and all the team are very keen to ensure that your experience is one that you remember. They are attentive, happy to answer questions and if you can arrive without driving I would highly recommend the wine flight to accompany the meal (this time we did not do this but last time it really added to the occasion).

Of course, what you really come for is the delightful food and the opportunity to have some of the best fish dishes - ever! The menu is always changing so you have to take what there is is (there is a choice on some of the courses) but the main is set - I guess that no one goes there if they do not like or eat fish (unless you are as we have one vegan).....the food is stunning and delicious.

It is a real treat and worth it.......I will go back in heart beat...

Thank you for a wonderful evening....

Date of visit: April 2019