“Nice food with beautiful view”
Review of The Edge Restaurant - CLOSED

The Edge Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Edge Restaurant in Port Isaac for Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Speciality Coffee and Cornish Cream Teas. Stunning sea views for restaurant. Menus include Seafood, Meats, Vegetarian and Little Tykes options. Available for Special Occasions/ Private Dining/ Wedding Receptions. Licenced bar with Draught beers and Cider.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went on a Monday evening around 8pm, and the restaurant was pretty full, but not heaving. We were served quite quickly and my fish was delicious. My husband's vegetarian meal was much nicer than the normal 'afterthought' options usually available. We both had ice cream, which I thought was expensive, but you get 3 huge scoops which I couldn't finish, and it was lovely Cornish ice cream. The presentation was a bit more unusual which I appreciated, but the prices were high, so they probably thought they had to go the extra mile! The view would have been nice if if it hadn't been raining and dark - we drove past a couple of days later when it was sunny and it looked wonderful. Seeing as all eating out experiences are expensive in Cornwall, I think this is worth it.

1  Thank Sarah N

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We called in on our way home for that traditional Cornish cream tea. I've had varying degrees of success over the years. This one, I believe, took the longest. The pot of tea for two was brought quite promptly but the scones, jam and cream took a further 25 minutes. By this time the tea had been drunk and what was left in the pot was cold. Out of the two scones each, one was really good the other as tough and chewey as old Harry.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went there for our 30th Anniversary on 10th Sept 2013 as read the right ups on TripAdvisor .
We went upstairs and tried to get a seat by the window but unable to (do get a sea view window) but still had view of the Atlantic .
We ordered a starter of Olives ,Bread & Oil which was good don't know how you can have a bad one !! .
I had Fried Cod Fillet with Chorizo Sausage, Sun Blushed Tomatoes, Sauteed Potatoes & a Lime Butter which was fantastic and my wife had Grilled Whole Bream with a Prawn & Lime Salsa & New Potatoes and must say the size of portions of both were good and we both agreed that the fish done just right ,very moist.
Deserts were Poached Pears in Apple and Ginger Syrup with Clotted Cream ,the cream looked like a scoop of ice cream and the pears were cooked just right while my wife had Chocolate, Orange and Saffron Bread and Butter Pudding which was so tasty I wished I had enough room for it as well .
The cocktails there looked good as well but didn't have one but the couple at the table next to us did and both said woww
If your in Port Isaac and want a special meal then go to The Edge restaurant it is at the top of Port Isaac on left as you come into the village.
JUST READ THE REVIEWS !!!!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Dont have the ribs they are straight out of a packet from the supermarket. If you are charging these prices you need a real chef!! Great location shame about the cooking!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This restaurant is set on the top part of Port Isaac village where Doc Martin is made (Port Wenn).
It is clean, comfortable, friendly and the food is excellent. Even a simple sandwich is an experience. They also allow dogs in, which is what we are all about, looking after our pooches as it is their holiday too! I would return again and again. Well done!

1  Thank LadyMorticia67