All reviews molton brown toiletries the great british menu port gaverne hotel the flat iron steak balcony overlooking the sea mini eggs water melon mackerel outstanding breakfast quirky decor chocolate eggs small car park no lift shower over the bath nathan outlaws tea coffee making facilities didn't disappoint
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

These guys are working hard to create a unique B&B experience. The decor and attention to detail is fabulous. The breakfast was outstanding (breakfast tapas followed by wonderful eggs benedict). Although our room was in the former attic space and therefore not flush with space, it had been beautifully designed and kitted out. On the downside the en-suite bathroom was absolutely tiny, with a miniature wash basin which was of little use. This was disappointing as our reservation on Booking.com stated it was a King room. (This must have meant a king-size bed.) Dinner was of course amazingly presented, but there was only one vegetarian option, and if you didn't like celeriac you would have been scuppered!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A half hour or so drive from Newquay Airport is Port Isaac. A wonderful hotel situated on the shores of the Celtic Sea is the Stargazy Inn. It is a lovely place to stay with breakfast included in the price of a room. My husband, daughter and I were there for three days, and we walked to the village where there are shops and tea rooms. Do you want tea and a generous slice of Victoria cake? Do you want fresh fish for lunch? Do you want a lovely vacation with gorgeous sunsets far from the Big City atmosphere? Do you want to know other vacationers from all over England and even some from other countries? Do you want to take a Doc Martin tour, because you Iove the show? Do you want to buy Cornish souvenirs and chocolates? Maybe you'd like to eat a Cornish pasty that is actually made in Cornwall. Then travel to Port Isaac, and by all means stay at the Stargazy Inn. Take the short walk to the village. Sit on the big deck at the Stargaxy Inn, and admire the sunsets.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you'd like to meet a real life superstar chef then come here.
I waited til his new menu arrived then treated myself to dinner.
As a solo female diner I can sometimes find eating on my own intimidating however due to the impeccable service I had a wonderful evening with some of the best food I have ever tasted - and I've been lucky enough to dine in some amazing restaurants.
Hat off to Andy and the team. If you carry on the way you are you'll be flying supersonic.
I wish you every good thing and I'm excited to see what you do next :)

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank AV5Acer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were staying in Port Isaac and wanted somewhere to eat so popped in here to book and stayed for a drink. The sommelier/ bar tender was very informative and enthusiastic and we enjoyed the terrace. The next evening we enjoyed the food too. We had a beetroot starter, so tasty, then my OH had Cod 5 ways which he raved over and I had lamb, which was lovely but I'd have liked a little more. We both chose the 'famous' rice pudding dessert which was a delight.
Friendly and attentive service...hard to fault this place..and very reasonably priced at present...
Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The views of the sea and coastline were spectacular and especially seeing this all from lying on the very comfortable bed was a lovely treat. The staff were very attentive, professional and friendly. The continental breakfast was perfect along with the raspberry and elderflower mocktail, although a cooked breakfast was an option we didn’t go for, all in all a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: June 2019