All reviews molton brown toiletries port gaverne hotel sea view the flat iron steak mini eggs water melon quirky decor chocolate eggs small car park no lift shower over the bath nathan outlaws tea coffee making facilities didn't disappoint cornish breakfast wonderful location top floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On our road trip around the UK, we stopped for a night in Port Isaac, at the Stargazy Inn (we'd previously made a reservation). The Inn is so charming, with amazing views of the Cornwall coast and the smell of the salt air. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. Our room, though small (expected considering the age of the place), had everything you could want. What it lacked in space, they made up for in amenities. It was so comfortable and welcoming. We enjoyed walking around Port Isaac, then settled in for dinner at the Inn. Wow! I was not expecting that level of food perfection. Every bite was near-perfect. I've eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world, and the food at Stargazy is their equal. Each dish was so creative, yet thoughtful and not just pretty-with-so-substance. From start to finish, it was a gastronomic journey I'd love to do again. The breakfast the next morning, though more down-to-Earth, was also well-done and I could find no faults.
Overall, Stargazy is one of my favorite places of all time.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fuzi7
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stunning property on seafront
Massive double room x4 beds
Molton brown goodies!
Dressing gowns & slippers all free!
Very clean amazing food
Not use to doing posh but this place definitely is!
3 wheeler van (how cool!) takes you down to a steep other inn by waterfront used by doc Martin himself
Frank the manager top man down to earth guy
Stunning location walking distance to pubs restaurants in port Isaac
Very happy with our stay
Bit pricey than I’m use to but excellent quality doesn’t come cheep
Definitely try this one out folks!
P.s very small car park with sharp turn so maybe difficult for large cars
Enjoy!!!

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Reggie D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for one night only at The Stargazy Inn as we were dining at Restaurant Nathan Outlaw. The North Cornwall coast was expecting Storm Hannah and my wife was concerned that the walk to the restaurant would ruin her hairdo! We needn’t have worried it was only 50m across the road, our top floor bedroom had the perfect view of the ocean and the restaurant. It was also exposed to the storm which was a bit noisy during the night but that’s why you visit North Cornwall!

The hotel decor is very tasteful. We were met at the front door by friendly maitre d’ Claudio, who was knowledgable and excited to welcome us to this relatively new venture. The new restaurant menu by Andrew Sheridan looks excellent and we’ll be back in the future to try it out. However if breakfast is anything to go by it will be a treat. We’ll be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this hotel 7 months ago for my wife’s surprise 30th birthday trip, only to be told 2 days before we were due to check in that the room was now unavailable and they needed to cancel my booking. The hotel offered me no alternative and having booked and paid for Restaurant Nathan Outlaw nearby I am now completely out of pocket and without accommodation.

I will be telling all friends and relatives to avoid at all costs

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is amazing with the most beautiful views of the sea. It’s a lovely Victorian house with gorgeous decor. The food is out of this world ! . The only thing that let it down was the lack of attention to detail in our room, which could have been avoided, if checked properly before giving us the keys. We had no bottled water and the underside of the toilet was dirty from previous guest. Half a toilet roll and a used coffee pod in with the new ones. I agree with a previous review, that so much time and effort has clearly gone into their wonderful food, but the same needs to be for the rooms, with such basic things letting it down, that shouldn’t happen in any hotel, especially such a high end one.