All reviews molton brown toiletries the great british menu port gaverne hotel the flat iron steak balcony overlooking the sea mini eggs water melon mackerel outstanding breakfast quirky decor chocolate eggs small car park no lift shower over the bath nathan outlaws tea coffee making facilities didn't disappoint
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Stunning property on seafront
Massive double room x4 beds
Molton brown goodies!
Dressing gowns & slippers all free!
Very clean amazing food
Not use to doing posh but this place definitely is!
3 wheeler van (how cool!) takes you down to a steep other inn by waterfront used by doc Martin himself
Frank the manager top man down to earth guy
Stunning location walking distance to pubs restaurants in port Isaac
Very happy with our stay
Bit pricey than I’m use to but excellent quality doesn’t come cheep
Definitely try this one out folks!
P.s very small car park with sharp turn so maybe difficult for large cars
Enjoy!!!

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Reggie D
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for one night only at The Stargazy Inn as we were dining at Restaurant Nathan Outlaw. The North Cornwall coast was expecting Storm Hannah and my wife was concerned that the walk to the restaurant would ruin her hairdo! We needn’t have worried it was only 50m across the road, our top floor bedroom had the perfect view of the ocean and the restaurant. It was also exposed to the storm which was a bit noisy during the night but that’s why you visit North Cornwall!

The hotel decor is very tasteful. We were met at the front door by friendly maitre d’ Claudio, who was knowledgable and excited to welcome us to this relatively new venture. The new restaurant menu by Andrew Sheridan looks excellent and we’ll be back in the future to try it out. However if breakfast is anything to go by it will be a treat. We’ll be back.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Booked this hotel 7 months ago for my wife’s surprise 30th birthday trip, only to be told 2 days before we were due to check in that the room was now unavailable and they needed to cancel my booking. The hotel offered me no alternative and having booked and paid for Restaurant Nathan Outlaw nearby I am now completely out of pocket and without accommodation.

I will be telling all friends and relatives to avoid at all costs

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

This place is amazing with the most beautiful views of the sea. It’s a lovely Victorian house with gorgeous decor. The food is out of this world ! . The only thing that let it down was the lack of attention to detail in our room, which could have been avoided, if checked properly before giving us the keys. We had no bottled water and the underside of the toilet was dirty from previous guest. Half a toilet roll and a used coffee pod in with the new ones. I agree with a previous review, that so much time and effort has clearly gone into their wonderful food, but the same needs to be for the rooms, with such basic things letting it down, that shouldn’t happen in any hotel, especially such a high end one.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Came for a 2 night stay, one word 'wow'!
Recently refurbished with a new team, Stargazy does not disappoint.
A lovely room with a balcony and a superb seaview, which was very clean and the bed was so comfy.
The breakfast was great, to start you are brought small dishes of breakfast tapas, which included smoked salmon, compressed water melon, choux buns with yoghurt and fresh raspberries and my favourite, granola with yoghurt, fresh honeycomb and raspberries. This was a first for me as in over 30 years I have never had this for breakfast and I'm so glad to have been taken out of my comfort zone. As if this wasn't the star of the show, you are then offered a full Cornish breakfast with homemade beer bread toast, eggs of your choice or eggs Benedict. My wife had the Cornish vegetarian with homemade cheddar sausage and she was blown away!
We also sampled the bar and restaurant menus, which also didn't disappoint! The lamb dish blew me away and the desserts were sensational. Everything is homemade and obviously created by a very professional team. We cant wait to come again to try more dishes. And to round off, watching the world go by enjoying a drink on the terrace, just great.
All the staff were professional and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.

Trip type: Traveled with family