“Great stay in Polperro”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polperro
Crumplehorn Inn & Mill
Ranked #5 of 12 Polperro B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just had a lovely couple of days at the "Crumplehorn"! Staff all very friendly and helpful. Stayed on a bed & breakfast basis - large accommodation in "Job" and the breakfasts were great! Car park at the Inn is a bonus, as no cars are allowed in Polperro, and the official car park is a mite expensive. Decided to eat in each night which was a good decision - very respectable portions for the hungriest person - I finished the cottage loaf pie (which was delicious!!) but have to admit to my eyes being bigger than my belly. We were lucky enough to have music on Friday night, provided by Alex Roberts - if you ever get the chance to see him, do so - very competent!
Hope to make a return visit in the future as I love the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tobler1947
There are newer reviews for Crumplehorn Inn & Mill

Reviewed August 24, 2013

stayed for three nights in the crumplehorn in august and cannot fault it in any way. the staff are all friendly and always happy and its set at the top of probably the best picture postcard fishing village in Cornwall. The food was excellent, especially the breakfast which we reckon is the best we have ever had ! A great patio area and its own parking which is generally very expensive in the village. great pint of tribute and the cornish mild was also good.
Can't fault it in any way , truly excellent and we will be back.
Try and finish the the cottage loaf pie if you dare !
Chris & Claire

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at Crumplehorn Inn Thurs - Sat. Late booking to visit grandchildren who were staying in a cottage over road from here.
What a fantastic place to stay, a picture postcard Inn with large well furnished rooms and lovely fresh homecooked food.
Staff here are very friendly and welcoming nothing too much trouble.
Stayed b & b basis and breakfast very good not enormous but very adequate.
Had a lovely evening meal here, we both tried their steak and ale in a loaf, what can I say other than delicious and enormous !!!.
We will definitely use this hotel again and only negative was we were in "Couch" a really lovely room with ensuite bathroom, unfortunately this was at the top of the accommodation building up 2 flights of fire escape style stairs. Fine if you are nimble but I have some mobility problems.
However this didn't take away from the overall excellent experience.
Individual parking space for one car for each room provided free of charge and there is also a large public car park just over the road.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor room if climbing stair a problem for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a lovely time here and can't find anything bad to say. ALL GOOD! The accommodation was nice and the restaurant was that good we booked a table for every night of our stay. Parking is fantastic as an individual parking space is reserved for your room. And what more can I say about Polperro?????? It is an hidden gem that sould make you think you're in the med. Lovey place.

Lovely inn, Fantastic Hosts and Wonderful Place...Who needs to go abroad?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in the Crumplehorn at the end of June.
We stayed in a self catering apartment but had B&B.
It was lovely & quiet, situated at the back of the pub.
The apartment was very large, with a wonderful sized living room.
Breakfast was served in the pubs restaurant, with a nice choice of cereals, juice & a cooked breakfast.
We also eat most nights in the Crumplehorn as the food is very good quality & quantity.
With the weather being good, we often sat outside in the evening having a beer & watching the world go by, if it got a little cooler, Sonja was straight out to put the heaters on. A very pleasant spot to spend the evening .
Alan & Sonja work really hard looking after everyone & all the staff do a very friendly & professional job.
The Crumplehorn is right next to the small roundabout at the top of the village & has it's own parking for the guests, with the apartments name on it.
There is also a guests washing machine & tumble dryer, which can be very useful.[ pop the clothes in,have a pint & they're done!]
A great place in a lovely Cornish village.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My fiancé and I visited this pub during a week away at a nearby cottage. I have got to say this was our favourite night of the whole holiday! The pub is so lovely, a proper traditional English pub! The staff were so welcoming and friendly, the tables were all nicely spread out for privacy and the food was absolutely top notch! My fiancé has eaten a lot of steaks in his time and he said this was by far the best he has ever tasted. I also had a gorgeous meal. We will definitely be coming back to this place some time, we even brought a Crumpy The Bear as we fell in love with this place and wanted a lasting memory. Beautiful. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of places over the years, most of them OK, occasional disasters, and sometimes very nice indeed. The Crumplehorn Inn and Mill is definitely on my very nice indeed list. This was my first visit, but will not be my last.
The atmosphere is friendly and informal, something the staff obviously like and enjoy. The bar and restaurant areas are typical old country pub style (the Crumplehorn dates back to the 13th century), the only nod to the 21st century being enough lights to counteract the sometimes dark effect of low beamed ceilings.
They have a good menu + a decent daily specials board with enough choice to satisfy most tastes, including a decent range of vegetarian meals and enough kids choices to keep the choosiest of young diners happy. Evening meals were a joy. Nicely priced, well cooked and presented, and always to a high standard, including the service. If you are not staying at the inn itself, but are near Polperro, I would recommend an evening meal here.
My room was spacious and clean, and most important, the bed was comfortable. I had a great few nights sleep. Anyone who has walked around any small Cornish towns will know about the narrow streets and absence of parking spaces, well handled by the Crumplehorn by having a named parking space for each room. A thoughtful touch, and a very welcome one.
The town itself is a typical Cornish seaside town, set in a small valley that leads down to the harbour. Walking from the Crumplehorn to the harbour could be a short walk, unless you are distracted by the myriad small shops that sell all manner of things tourist, and more.
I had gone away for a few days of no hassle quiet time, and that is exactly what I got, and is why I recommend this place so highly. Definitely stands out for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polperro
The Claremont Hotel
Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
The Old Mill House Hotel
The Old Mill House Hotel
#8 of 12 in Polperro

Been to Crumplehorn Inn & Mill? Share your experiences!