Seaview Holiday Village
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Claremont Hotel(Polperro)(Great Value!)
$88
$192
$174
$169
Travelocity
All reviewssea viewtalland baynext yeargames roomswimming poolsuperior caravankids clubevening entertainmentchildren's entertainmentchanging roomssmall sitegreat familybit datedlovely caravanhalf termshort breaklovely park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

WE had the most comfortable and enjoyable stay with Seaview.
Normally we stay in haven sites so expense, but we had 2 weeks for less than 1 at haven and also had the very good standards we are used to.
The accommodation we had was spotlessly clean and very comfortable
The food they serve is of a better standard to haven. The MC Mr crumble (Alan) is very helpful and pleasant. Infact there was nothing that we could complain about.
Well done Seaview my Star rating would be a SIX
T & J Sheppard

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jenniesuz
SeaviewPolperro, Owners' Assistant at Seaview Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to write your review and were glad to read that you enjoyed your holiday at Seaview. Captain Crumble is certainly appreciated by all our guests and we are glad to say he will be coming back again this summer. We do hope you will come and stay with again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Firstly, kids entertainment was very good, the entertainer was first class for young children but don't bother if your kids are older than 9, nothing for them to do at all.

On arrival at our chalet we were taken aback by the 1970's style, very outdated, old and worn. We then discovered that the chalet needed coins in a meter for electricity, which proved over the week to be extremely expensive for reasons that will become clear.

On the first night we were cold, very cold and we noticed a strange damp line starting on the wall. It was too cold to have windows open but that is what was suggested by staff. By the Wednesday the damp line had turned into seriously soaking walls, everything, especially in the main bedroom and including the bedding was damp to the point of literally feeling wet and freezing, even with two electric heaters going 24/7 (costing a fortune).

The bathroom was covered in mould, the kitchen was filthy and seriously dated, the water heater took forever and only warned the water slightly and then getting in the shower was terrible as water literally dripped out, extremely difficult to get clean.

The pool at the resort didn't seem to have any chlorine in it and looked dirty, the play park was less than clean.

On the Thursday we could take no more and were moved to a different chalet, which within hours was damp and cold, and although the decor was slightly better the damp/cold was just as bad. If we had not still places we wanted to visit in Cornwall we would have left half way through the holiday.

The kitchen was so dirty we refused to eat/cook there so our food bill eating out went through the roof.

Worst holiday ever experienced by either of us. I wholeheartedly say DO NOT BOOK A CHALET AT SEAVIEW.

After putting in a complaint I have just received a letter saying they are going to refund us £86, which will go a small way to paying off my credit card bill for food on the holiday.

I will put pics up of the damp and some of the dirt

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank xdeity
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had booked to stay here on a sun holiday, I wasn't expecting much after reading some of the reviews on here but as were allways out and about we figured we wouldn't be in the much to be bothered however it may be. The first thing we noticed when we opened the door was the smell .... obviously someone had spilt milk and not cleared it up .... there is no way the cleaner would not have noticed that smell so they were obviously not bothered about it. We bought an air freshner which made it almost bareable. We were advised that £5 electric would be enough to see us through the week the next night BING we were in darkness making us rush down to the club at half past eleven hoping and praying someone would be around to help us with another card.

It was very cold,damp and musty the fire in the living area only had 1 bar working but the heater for the bedroom was fine.

It did appear to have been cleaned, i couldn't complain it was dirty just very smelly, the kitchin was quite new but the cupboards were already smelling damp.

On our last night it rained and rained .... and you wouldn't believe it our chalet sprang a leak ... on check out I did mention the leak and tried to mention regarding the smell and the fire not working properly but the lady on the desk turned her back walked away and started speaking on a phone....... that was my lasting memory of my holiday had the lady apologised how different it would had been

I had very fond memories of this camp as we used to holiday there often but I am so glad i didn't have my children with me as I wouldn't like this holiday camp to be a memory for them associated with Cornwall.

Room Tip: Don't book a sun holiday with them as they give you the worst accomadation possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RandR_K26
Reviewed November 4, 2012

we stayed in a bungalow for 3 nights in October £108...The front door glass panel was missing and boarded up.All the windows were open !!!the reason being the place stank!!!the place was cold/damp/musty/stank of animals/dirty/dirty tissues found in bedding.
Had to get£5 electric meter in order to turn any lights on and try and warm the place up with their electric fire./not enough bedding as place should sleep 6 people/the pillows stank on aftershave

Dont stay here there are far better places nearby to stay
please look at other reviews on chalets/bungalows as I wish we had as
we wouldnt have wasted our money

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank J50England
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I feel my experience is the same as most on here, as I think you will find the staff are really friendly and are happy to help. The shop is adequate and if you wanted more there are plenty of shops in Looe to get more shopping. The entertainment in the evening is good for the kids and the entertainer got everyone involved. I couldn’t comment on the entertainment on the night as with two young kids we were back by 20.00. The views are fantastic if you get one overlooking the sea (we did but my sister didn’t) that’s probably the most positives you can give. On arrival our chalet was cold and damp with what felt hundreds of mosquitoes flying around the kid’s bedroom. It took the best part of hour to squat most of them with info pack you get. The rooms were seriously outdated and reminded me of holidays I took with my parents in the 80's. The fire that was supplied was constantly on but this heat went straight out of flimsy doors and windows, thus costing a lot through the electricity meter. The bathroom smelled of public toilets, it was so bad that when the kids were asleep I and my partner scrubbed it clean. The shower was poor, it felt like it took ages to get wet, let alone having a full wash. There were dead flies in the lightshades and dust everywhere. The swimming pool was freezing, after about 20 minutes my little boy was shivering. We used the Jacuzzi as it was a little warmer, but once it started it appeared to pump out double the amount of chlorine as all our eyes were itchy and red. We were told by the lifeguard there was nothing he could do and to use the pool in the evening as it would have warmed up by then (we got in at 10.00). The showers we used once as these were dirty and full of hair (despite us being the only ones there), the changing rooms were freezing, despite it being October the windows were wide open and the heater didn’t work.

I feel this place could really be a good place for a holiday, if the owners gave it some updating and investment.

Room Tip: stay in a caravan, i think its pot luck whether or not you get to see the sea
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family