Polperro Model Village Land of Legend & Model Railway
Open today: 10:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
A fun place to stop for half an hour.

We were in Polperro for a morning visit in September. The village is a good example of a Cornish... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Keith S
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Can’t beat a model village

Reviewed August 17, 2019
vic79uk
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews worth a visit attention to detail half an hour won't break the bank entrance fee cornish history per adult video model flooding miniature child giant mystery myth copy puppet
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Set down a small side street. Very reasonable entrance charge and dog friendly. Huge amount of work gone into refurbishing the event after the terrible flood that destroyed a lot of Polperro. A surprise show before you leave is included. Well worth a visit.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

I’ll be upfront here - I love a model village. It reminds me of being a child and taps into wonderfully happy childhood memories. So an opportunity to visit the model village when in Polperro had to be taken.

It’s a small and reasonably priced model village - 30 mins visit at the most - but definitely worth it. The attention to detail in recreating Polperro on a tiny scale is really impressive and whilst it is looking a little tired and probably in need of a bit of restoration the achievement is an impressive one.

The slightly odd puppet exhibit when you leave was an added bonus - my kids didn’t quite know what to make of it - terrified at the beginning and rather confused by the end! But I loved it!

So manage your expectations and know that you are taking a bit of a trip to past times and enjoy the nostalgia and simplicity of something that clearly was made with real love and devotion.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank vic79uk
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

We dragged the kids in here as we haven’t been to a model village in years.

It’s not expensive and you can appreciate the amount of work put in. If you actually stop and examine some of the buildings, they are actually very good.

However, it definitely needs a bit of tlc. Hardly any water in the river part, the model railway needs a bit of work and it could all do with a spruce up. We stayed about 20 minutes.

Is it worth it, for some nostalgia definitely. They just need to spend a bit of time and money on it and it could be excellent.

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

My family and I visited this museum on a rainy day.
Very good prices for admission: kids go free! The lady on reception was very friendly and polite.
The museum may be difficult to get about for those with disabilities.
We enjoyed looking at the little models. The church was particularly pretty.
My husband and I liked learning about the history of the floods in Polperro.
The museum is small, but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2019

A very nice way to spend an hour, clearly a lot of love has gone into crating the village and railway. The film about the history of Polperro was interesting.

1  Thank carolinehG2395RD