“Standards continue to be very good”
Review of The Blue Peter Inn

The Blue Peter Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Polperro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi-Award winning atmospheric, traditional Cornish pub in an excellent location with stunning sea and harbour views. Serving a fantastic range of local ales, cider and spirits. Our hearty home-cooked food is prepared fresh and includes a variety of Daily specials using only the freshest local produce available to us. Live Music every Friday and Saturday night throughout the high season . Come and visit us for a real pub experience.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Blue Peter is my favoured watering hole and place to eat in Polperro, and has been for 11 or 12 years since the current owners acquired the place. As usual, it's warm and cosy inside, the fire is roaring in the grate and the lights are turned down, making it a truly restful retreat from the howling gale and high seas outside.

I ordered a pint of my preferred St Austell "Tribute" ale and retired to the wooden settle at the far end of the bar area. The kitchen opens at 6pm so I chose my dinner, namely the home cooked honey roasted ham, with a fried egg, chips and a sizeable salad garnish. Everything's cooked fresh to order here so by choosing this, I knew I wouldn't have long to wait.

Sure enough, it turned up within 10 minutes and as usual, was delicious. The ale was delicious too, and it's always difficult to resist more of it, so I didn't and enjoyed 3 or 4 more. The bar and waiting staff are all great, quite comical at times, well-natured and always ready for a chinwag.

As usual, there's an eclectic mix of people inside, walkers, locals, fishermen and those taking a holiday in the village. I just can't ever fault this pub, it has everything you could possibly want from a pub and more, and the fact that it has maintained this for well over 12 years is testament to the owners and their insistance that "the Blue will never change". I hope to goodness it never does, for it's consistently the best pub I ever visit, either in Cornwall or anywhere else in the UK.

1  Thank GBfromDevizes
Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

i love this place.....fab atmosphere ,food,drink......and you take u r dog in there...very dog friendly..

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were only walking past when our new dog decided to venture in for a look round. So we felt compelled to have a drink - and a second one! Very welcoming staff and had a good chat with some very friendly locals.

1  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stopped in at The Blue Peter on a rainy Saturday in January and was very pleasantly surprised. It is a cosy little old-fashioned pub with a crackling fire in one corner. The landlord and staff were very friendly.
We had the fish (goujons) and chips, and they were possibly the nicest I've ever had. They cost about £10 each.
We sat downstairs where seating was a little tight and the tables were rather small, so I would say maximum two people could eat per table.

3  Thank KlunkyColin
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went here on recommendation from a friend with my husband and two children 7 & 10. We were staying in Looe but like nice food. We were not disappointed!!! Lovely atmosphere, lovely food what else could you ask for. Service was very slow but it was very busy but I would imagine it always is. We just had another drink!!!

1  Thank KCC71