“A Tiny Treasure!”

The Blue Peter Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Polperro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Cornish pub in excellent location with lovely sea and harbour views. Serving a great range of local ales and cider, Wholesome home-cooked food with Daily specials. Live Music Friday and Saturday night. Come and visit us for a real pub experience.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Found this little place after wandering around Polperro, what a find! The scallops were to die for, cooked to perfection, the ham and eggs exceptional and the childrens meals were good quality and all meals great portions. A tiny little place so you are quite crammed in but the atmosphere and staff were great. We were sat near the kitchen and it was spotless, the staff were constantly washing their hands and cleaning up as they went along. A real gem of a place.

There are newer reviews for The Blue Peter Inn

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Excellent food we had the fish and chips. Yum. Very welcoming and accommodating as we had a dog and toddler.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

A great variety of food and a lovely warm atmosphere. The Inn catered well for one in our party who was wheat intolerant and also a vegetarian. The only complaint came from my 16 year old son, who would have loved a burger!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

A couple of days ago we called in for a drink during the day and we had a pleasant experience

So last night we drive an hour to the Blue Peter and were greeted with " there is only one table left and it will be 45 mins before we get our food as they are busy and it is fresh produce"

I thought this would be a good omen so we took a seat and chose to order 2 med rare stakes one with chips one with potatoes and headed over just shy of £28

After about 30 mins the food arrived. After tucking in my wife's stake was far from medium rare no pink at all!
Not the waitress but a bar member who i brought the complaint to removed my wife's plate and cutlery
We awaited for the next meal while I finished my meal off
The waitress this time returned the meal and apologised. We then pointed out to her that the plate is full of chips and not potatoes as requested
So off went the meal yet again for another trip to the kitchen
3rd time lucky or maybe not
The waitres returned yet again with the meal......chips away and potatoes in place
I then called her back to see if she could see what was missing??????. Cutlery . So yet another wait till the cutlery turned up

By now my plate was ready to be cleared away

We live in the Peak District where many restaurants cater for the tourists and do it very poorly...our experience here was no better but cost more

The waitress was very apologetic and handled the problems with a good sense of humour and offered to get us some drinks free . 2 red wines were delivered

Financially the 2 free glasses of wine compensated for the cost of the one meal but the whole experience was not what we wanted
We always feel that if one meal has a problem both should removed and replaced so we can dine together as that is the reason why we go to a restaurant .......to dine together......restaurateurs nearly always
miss their customers objective of a night out. Meaning to have a meal at the same time and a s ordered

The plus side to the night is that their was a Irish Folk group playing in the evening which cheered my wife up

2  Thank Therigpig
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Friday lunchtime and most restaurants were shut. We walked in the wind and were blown to The Blue Peter. It was packed, luckily we found a table upstairs for the 3 of us. What a fantastic find. My wife and I had the Seafood Platter and mum (84) had the scallops all washed down with a white house rioja. Best seafood we've eaten outside the Far East. WOW!! Fantastic, so fresh. Faultless and above all really friendly service.