To start with as we arrived the first thing we noticed was the smell, it was a very damp smell which in its self isn’t a good start. We had to buy Air fresheners and febreze to try and make it a bit more comfortable to live in, opening the windows and putting the heating on full for the week helped a bit too but not something you should have to do when you pay so much for a holiday. One of the beds had to be fixed back together where the side rail had come away from the headboard. One of the dining chairs was broken where the seat part wasn’t attached to the rest of the chair. My 4 year old found that out the hard way by falling through it. There was no way of closing the bathroom door no lock and the door handle was broken so it didn’t close so had to put something against the door to keep it from opening. You can see from my pictures that both the sofas shouldn’t be in a holiday rental, holes in the arms of one and filth all over the other.
The place wasn’t clean throughout where was thick dust on doors, plug sockets ect You will see from the pictures that the mould is probably the worst part about the house, some places you can see where they’ve tried to paint over the problem rather than fix it. The kitchen wasn’t usable the amount of mould in the cupboards was unbelievable, black grout that should be white, cutlery was filthy plates cups everything had to be washed up before using, we had to eat out most of the time which got very expensive.We had to use a few things as in no one can do much without a coffee in the morning. If I could have afforded more time off work and everything else needed for a holiday I would have left the day we arrived.
A great place to stay and convenient for all of Penwith !
Easy to find and just across the road from Polgoon Vinyard :)