“Best B&B experience ever!”
Review of The Tremont

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
The Tremont
Ranked #15 of 81 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Best B&B experience ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed for a couple nights during the first week of October. My expectations were minimal - I was looking for a clean room and not a whole lot but Chris was the perfect hostess. Friendly, accomodating and caring, plying me with vegetarian options when I told her that I was a vegetarian, providing me with maps and information, letting me store my luggage after checkout until my train departure time etc. The location of the B&B is ideal, close to the Town Center but not too close to be noisy. I would love to visit Penzance again and stay here.

Sandhya

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Tremont is the best B&B we have ever stayed at. Room was great!! Clean and spacious. Excellent breakfast. We hired a bike and off to Trengwainton Garden and St. Michael's Mount. Explored the wonderful South West Coast Path from St. Ives. The food at Admiral Benbow is great. We even preferred Penzance above St. Ives. More relaxed and not so many tourists. Chris, the host, gave us much information about the region. Best place to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Croydon, London
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at Tremont in June 2013 and had a great time. Chris was very friendly and we were only about five minutes' walk from the prom. I had a great breakfast in the morning and our room was very clean and spacious. The best part though was the lounge which was very light and airy and full of lots of useful information about Penzance and the area. It was great to have somewhere to spread out and relax once we got back from dinner particularly as our walking gear (we should probably apologise to most of the places we stayed at) was a bit ripe by this point. Penzance itself was much nicer than we thought it would be and we can definitely recommend the Turks Head on Chapel Street which was were most of the nice pubs and restaurants seemed to be. As it was our last stop we definitely intend to go back there next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Tremont is very handily placed in Penzance...less than 5 minutes stroll from the Promenade, and 10 minutes walk to the town. Just returned from an over-night stay at the Tremont, and I can't fault it.

I arrived early in the morning and whilst (understandably) the room was not yet ready I was offered a coffee and a shower if I wanted one. The room was spotless, with all the usual B&B facilties including wi-fi. Breakfast was generous & delicious.

Chris, who owns the hotel, and her staff were all most helpful & friendly and nothing was too much trouble. It will certainly be my first call when I need somewhere to stay in Penzance in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Chris is the host, and she deserves the five stars alone! She's friendly and welcoming, and takes care of you during your stay in her superb guesthouse. The rooms are lovely, the wallhangings beautiful, and the breakfast amazing. Add to this locally sourced food, a genuine concern for green tourism and a great location just off the prom, and you get an all round fabulous place to stay. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Solo travellers find a warm welcome with single rooms at the top of the house.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Chris is your host and she's exactly the type of person who should be running a busy, centrally located B & B.

Chris is charming, witty and nothing is a problem.

The guests rooms, although typically smaller for this type of establishment, are clean and very comforatble with their own onsuites. They offer towel changes every day if you wish.

The cooked breakfast is simply terrific....or a simple continental is also on offer for those who prefer something lighter.

The B & B itself is 5 minutes walk to the main Penzance shopping centre and the immediate area offers some very good old style pubs and some excellent restaurants.

If you are looking for a well priced, centrally located and very pleasant B & B in Penzance, we can thoroughly recommend your host Chris and The Tremont.

Murray & Glennys Brown
Brisbane
AUSTRALIA

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sutton Coldfield, UK
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have stayed many times at the Tremont, and will continue to in the future. The welcome you receive is fantastic, the rooms are large, well fitted and quiet. The breakfast is possibly the best I've had anywhere. Anything you want cooking, just ask!

If you're a tourist, the location is great to get in to the centre of Penzance, or a 2 minute walk to the sea front.

If eating out, make sure you try out Thai Moon at the end of the road near the front!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple