“Extremely pleasant and helpful”

and 1 more site!
The Pendennis Guest House
Ranked #9 of 81 Penzance B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Extremely pleasant and helpful”
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Stayed here as part of my UK cycle tour, had finished a very hard day and was given a very warm welcome by Russell (Proprietor) who quickly sorted out my bike for storage, helped me with my packs to my room and gave me some good tips for eating nearby (When you have just used 10,000 calories cycling good food quickly is important!), the tip was the Admiral Benbow in the town centre and it was very good.

Russell was also extremely helpful with breakfast, as I was leaving at 5-6am it was a bit early but he made sure that he had everything ready the night before even down to a cold flask of milk for my cereal. Couldn't have been more helpful throughout.

Room was on the top floor and very comfortable and quiet, facilities were good and the room had a very cosy feel about it. Only concern I would have is that it was in the attic of the house and was fine for me (I am not that tall) for someone of greater than six foot it could feel a bit claustrophobic so I would point out at time of booking if you are tall to make sure you are one of the other rooms (Think there was only one in the attic space)

Location was on a quiet residential (Well, kind of residential as they are houses but the majority are B&B's) street within a five minute walk to the town centre. Well located to be close enough but still quiet enough for a good sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Poland
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Friendly owners with lovely sense of humour.

Rooms beautifully decorated and linen so clean you feel like their first guest.

Their attention to detail would put many top hotels to shame.

Very much enjoyed my stay - it was just to short.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pendennis. Our room on the first floor was a compact double but comfortable, clean and tastefully furnished. Russell and Hazel were friendly and informative without being intrusive. The breakfast room had a lovely ambience and breakfast itself was excellent. We would certainly recommend it as a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay.

• Liked — The overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — Room a little small
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I applied my rule "if they sound like nice people on the phone then all will be well" and once again found it to be so true. Hazel and Russell were lovely hosts, friendly and informative attractions and activities for the visitor. The room was spotless, the breakfasts cooked to order and amended to meet the guests requirements. Hazel and Russell provide comfortable accommodation which I can happily recomend and I will be staying at the Pendennis on my next visit to Penzance.

• Liked — The charming hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
lexington, ky
Reviewed May 25, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights here during our recent 17-day tour of Great Britain. We used trip advisor to research all of the B&Bs that we booked and were satisfied with each one.

The Pendennis is located on a lovely street in Penzance and offered us a wonderful and spacious room with everything we needed. The hosts were very friendly and made us feel right at home. I really liked the atmosphere of the dining room in the morning at breakfast. And there are books available for researching things to do in Cornwall.

We had a car and were able to visit several wonderful places nearby such as St. Ives and Lizard Peninsula. Our only complaint was the lack of good places to eat nearby in Penzance. The restaraunt choices in St. Ives are much better than Penzance and the town is more quaint. However, I feel Penzance is the better place for exploring if you have a car. The Tesco's just outside of downtown is very convenient and a big money saver.

• Liked — Lovely old victorian building.
  • Disliked — Dinner choices within walking distance.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
west sussex
Reviewed May 4, 2008

nothing to be be said ,accept superb,,stayed with russel and hazel for 2 nights,,but with a night in between while i stayed on the isle of scilly,,but the wonderful couple allowed me to leave my motorbike in the garden,even covered it up for me,,breakfast fantastic,,well done and keep going..

Stayed April 2008
bury st edmunds
Reviewed March 20, 2008

I originally found the Pendennis in an old AA guide I have. After ringing round, I found the prices better value for money and the owners Russell and Hazel really seem to care about the people that are interested in staying. When I arrived I was given a lovely double room and the bed was out of this world. Also therer was freeview tv, which you don't normally get. Breakfast were great, with a very good choice. Nothing seemed to ever be any trouble. Also the cleaner was efficient and thourough.
I will definately return to the Pendennis and it is greatly recommended for adults who want a very relaxing break and to be very well looked after. Well done, Russell and Hazel are true diamonds.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo