“Lovely”
Review of Estoril Hotel

Estoril Hotel
Ranked #37 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The perfect little place to stay when visiting Penzance. Wonderful location and wonderful breakfast! Would recommend this place to anyone who wanted a homely stay as it's run by a couple who do their upmost to make you feel welcome. You can come and go as you and are near to the sea and centre of town, which are only 5 minutes walk either way up or down the hill. I was here for work, but would def stay here if I come back with my partner.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently stayed at the Estoril, fulfilling a childhood curiosity as I used to pass it when I was a child and always wanted to know what it was like inside. I was up at the very top of the house, up some very steep stairs. My bedroom was perfectly adequate, if a little warm because the heating was on and I couldn't turn the radiator off. The décor was a little tired with a mish mash of furniture. The plumbing in the house was noisy so if someone got up early or went to bed late, the noise woke me up but it is an old house so perhaps to be expected. Breakfast was plentiful. My only complaint was that the lady at front of house, although very lovely and polite, didn't speak English very well and I had to point out my name on the screen when I booked in as she didn't understand me. The Estoril advertises that the rooms have bath robes but I didn't have one and that they have broadband. My wifi connection was extremely poor and kept disconnecting. Luckily I didn't have any work to do. Although my stay was ok, I won't stay again. Fortunately because I know the area, I was able to find somewhere to park but it is too difficult to park anywhere near the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2014

It was a nice place, good location if you don't want to be too close into the town. Nice garden although we didn't use it due to weather. The house was lovely, well presented and finished. The room was a fair size and bathroom was nice and modern. In balance, the room itself was slightly dated with a pink light which was a little district-esque. It was not he cheapest in the area but the garden sold it for me.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Really loved the breakfast and room was good size with lots of
Space and surfaces to put things. Good view and good position parking may be an issue at certain times of day or if you have a large car but we managed it.

Room Tip: We stayed top floor not that steep but elderly especially would struggle
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were very pleased with the hotel, easy access from the main road and just a short walk from the seafront. The owners were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was beautifully decorated. Our room was lovely with a settee and coffee table and tv. Breakfast choice was excellent with something for everyone. We would definitely stay there again if we were in Penzance.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Friendly owners. Well decorated. Lovely, small bathroom. Sofa in our room. Very steep stairs to 3rd floor. Fresh fruit salad as an option for breakfast.

5 mins walk into town. Ate out at The Turk's Head pub, which had good vegetarian food and a friendly atmosphere. Otherwise the town looked like it had been abandoned on that Wednesday night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is in a quiet and attractive residential area, a short walk from the sea-front and the town centre. The welcome at the Estoril Hotel was friendly and our room was comfortable, although fairly basic, eg. the washbasin was in the bedroom, separated from the bathroom and at one point there was a woodlouse making its way up the bed cover. Breakfast was buffet style, with a good range of food and self-service tea and coffee. Unfortunately, there was smoke drifting in through the open door from the smoking area just outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple